Chapter 6

That dinner was one of the most awkward anyone on the table has ever been to that even the servants noticed. The dinner table was always time to be merry. The queen always have made it gleeful even conversing with the servants with their lives. But that night when they had Thor, Valkyrie, Bruce and especially, Loki, she didn't seem to speak a single word except for a quick question and an occasional banter here and there.

Although before she left, Loki greeted her a 'good night' and she smiled and nodded and said it back before leaving. That was a good sign but it wasn't enough, she could've just done it because of politeness. The tension could still be cut with a knife and even though Thor has promised not to intervene with his brother's issue with the queen. He knew it was time he say something. Or else it would be Valkyrie to make a statement and that was never a good thing to start with. They didn't need to be kicked out of the realm faster.

Thor busted in his brother's chambers after dinner only to find Loki on the balcony, staring up to the skies. Thor made his way to his side, resting his elbows on the railing, looking at Loki gaze up to the stars. "Brother, a word?"

"Of course," Loki answered, keeping his eyes up with a serene smile on his face, enjoying the peace, "what do you want to talk about?"

"Maybe you should stop, Loki," Thor muttered out, knowing there was no other way of saying it.

Loki's head snapped towards Thor, his eyebrows furrowing at what he just heard. "What?"

"I mean, I can't keep seeing you like this. You're making yourself look like a fool," Thor explained, hoping his brother would understand his point. But by Loki's expression, he didn't, he just stared at Thor in disbelief.

"Unbelievable," Loki whispered, bitterly chuckling. He placed his stare back to his front, the view of Aikenheim at night time, not looking at his brother's face. His tone was slowly getting more and more sharp. "Out of everyone, I thought you'd actually understand me. But it appears you don't, just like every single thing-"

"That's not what I meant, brother," Thor  blurted out. Loki was about to say something witty when he saw the genuine expression on Thor's face, causing Loki to stop and listen for once. "I could see that both of you are hurting."

"I understand that I don't know much about your relationship but don't you think it's time to let go?" Thor was honest and that was what he felt was the right thing to do. Sometimes there was just something's that are better to be left in the past. Maybe that's what his brother should do. Loki's face relaxed and his expression became gentler. But instead of seeing acceptance, defiance was in its place.

"No, Thor," Loki firmly pressed, his stare was off, like his mind was deep in thought. "I have already lost her years ago. Now that I'm here, I will not make the same mistake again."

Loki then glance up to his brother, keeping his gaze to his brother's eye to show him he was serious. "No matter what you or anyone else might think," Loki ended, jaw clenched and head held up high. He loved her and he still does. Nothing can stop him from getting her back.

Thor only stared at him, silent with his thoughts. But his only eye showed the pride he felt for his brother before he broke to a grin. "Spoken like a true man in love, brother."

Thor slapped a hand to Loki's back and patted it, showing the act of affection. "I can't say I'm not proud."

"Thank you," Loki said as he smiled, genuinely. He placed his gaze back to Aikenheim, entranced of the beauty that he once left behind. At the back of his mind, he was wondering what would've happened if he just stayed put. Would he still find his way to Midgard? Would his mother still be alive? Would Asgard never fall?