Surprises in NeverLand

Her Name Wasn't Wendy-Chapter 1

~

Peter Pan was strutting about his camp on his island. It was a regular day, some of the lost boys scouted the woods for fresh meat to hunt, the mermaids patrolled their borders near the cove and the pirate ship sailed endlessly in the waters off the shore. Pan could feel the power coursing through himself, it felt amazing as always. He was a tall and lanky with golden brown hair. He wore dark green vest and shirt and brown trousers. He had a devilish look in his eye. With his chiseled face and playful blue eyes no one would have suspected anything bad about him. But something very Dark had taken root in Peter Pan. There was only one possible cure for his darkness, but Pan refused to let go of his power.

He had run out of pixie dust long ago, except for the small pinch he had for the truest believer, so unfortunately he couldn't fly. He missed flying but he fortunately still had his power.

Peter Pan could feel everything that happened on the island. His power was connected to the island itself. This was why he felt the change. Peter Pan could sense that someone had entered NeverLand. This was one of his many abilities, another ability included being able to prevent people from leaving.

Peter Pan smiled to himself. A new comer, he thought, this would be fun. He enjoyed being able to talk to, or rather taunt and tease, people who just come to the island. Some times they would make good lost boys but most of the time he just used to amuse himself.

He went to the center of his camp and declared to the lost boys that were present. The boys in front of him were doing all sorts of activities. Some were sleeping from the rowdy night before, others were sharpening their weapons, and still others were playing around.

"Seems we have guest my boys!" He said slyly. The boys all have him their attention. He received a few whoops and hollers from this news. A new comer being there always meant something fun for then to do, "I will be back soon to go greet our guest." Peter Pan said smiling.

With that Peter Pan disappeared. Because of his almost unlimited power he was able to appear at any place on the island at will.

Suddenly he was in another part of the forest. Green light fell through the leaves of the trees. The dirt carpeted the forest floor. Peter Pan liked to give people a surprise, so he was just a few feet from whoever it was, but just out of sight.

Whipping up his devilish grin he rounded the trees and walked into the clearing where he knew this person was. At his feet was a beautiful girl. Startled, he stumbled back falling backwards onto the ground. He hadn't seen a woman of any shape or form since he had left the enchanted forest. That was many centuries ago, Pan thought. Time worked differently on NeverLand. Not only could no one age but the worlds outside it ran faster then it did on Neverland. Other then mermaids, who were rubbish company and also not even human, there were no women on the island not even on the pirate ship. The gravity of the situation hit Peter Pan. How did she get here? From Peter pans memory, this was the first girl to ever come to NeverLand.

She had long dark brown hair that fanned out around her head on the dirt, and wore a long ankle-length dress that was pale blue lace. She had on flats that matched and there was white ribbon sewn through the neckline of the dress. She had long brown eye lashes and light colored skin with high cheek bones. Her eyes were closed and she looked to be breathing peacefully. She looked like she was about seventeen, which was the age that Peter Pan looked as well.

It took him a moment to get over his surprise. He moved onto his knees to stare down at her. Who was she? What was a girl doing in NeverLand? He had begun to believe that women couldn't come to the island at all. Obviously he was wrong.