Fantasy #17 Footprints On My Heart

This story is a work of fiction and is not for everyone. If easily offended DO NOT READ. Once again all constructive criticism will be gladly accepted but disrespect will not be. 

 A/N Okay in this story I tried to put a few terms in Spanish so if I didn't get them right or mistakenly said something that is wrong do not chew my head off. I will get with one of my Spanish speaking friends to look over it tomorrow and I will fix any mistakes they find. 

OK my dear fans. I know I have taken a break from this book of fantasies but I am back to writing them. I have had a few request  and each of them have been rather interesting. They have ignited the creative juices for me to make them as good as I can. 

Okay as everyone who has ever read any of my stories knows I always start out each one with some piece of advice. For those of you who have not read any of them I am shocked and appalled and feel you need to be sent to your room without your partner. Well today's piece of advice comes from something recently. As many of you know my wife and daughter were just out of town for four long days and three agonizing nights. During that time I realized something. I know everyone is going to think it is about how much I missed them and how much I couldn't wait on them to get back. While you would be right in that assessment that is not what I am going to say. What I am going to say is during that time I realized the little things that I had come to expect. The little things that I didn't even realize until they were gone. It may sound silly but I had never even considered them because I was so use to them. 

WIFE

1-Her presence beside me in the bed at night. Even if I wasn't facing her I could still sense her closeness. 

2-The alarm clock going off at six in the morning and feeling her climb out of bed. It never really woke me up but the warm feeling does slip away.

3-The lingering smell of her body spray, perfume or whatever she put on that day in the bathroom. No matter what time I got up it was always there even on the days I didn't have to work.

4-Normal household things she did that I now noticed weren't done and I had to do them.

5-Her telephone calls during certain times of the day and then watching her as she pulled into the driveway after work. Yes she called but I was use to those things and when they didn't happen at those times it had more of an effect on me. 

DAUGHTER

1-Watching her as she slept when I got up and checked on the kids. (Habit no matter how old they are. Those of you who know me and have talked to me know why)

2-Her intoxicating laughter as it echoed throughout the house. Even though annoying at times I still missed it.

3-Watching her as she practiced her cheer leading routine for what seemed like the thousandth time. (GO PURPLE EXTREME)

4-Her running around outside playing with the bigger kids as I told her it was time to come in and eat and getting that poked out bottom lip, but dad look. 

5-Watching her as she pranced around the house trying to pretend to be older then she really is. Moms shoes, make up, fingernails and toenails being painted.

No matter how small they seem to be it is not until they are not there do you really miss and take them for granted. You always expect them to be around. For that first day they are not as noticeable but after that first day they seem to eat at you. Just remember the little things in life are what mean the most. Those things are what make us enjoy and appreciate the bigger things in life.