Fantasy #10 Hero Of Hers

This story is a work of fiction and is not for everyone. If easily offended DO NOT READ. All constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated but disrespect will not be.

A/N.... I am going to warn people before they read this, that what I discuss in this may not be very welcomed but it's a subject that needs to be addressed. It was brought to my attention again yesterday and after seeing it myself as both a child and a young adult I have no compassion for anyone who does it. It happens way too much in this day and age and when I turned 14, I personally, put a stop to it in my own house.

This piece of advice once again is for both the men and women. More towards the men but I know women who do it also.

I was asked this question today by someone who I hadn't seen in a long time after I told him Tara and I were still together.  "How have you made it work so long?" This was my response to him; "You said the key word there, "WORK". Being in a committed relationship takes work. It takes both partners realizing that there is no such thing as PINK and BLUE jobs. Instead they are we jobs. We as in whoever see's it needs to be done, does it. I am a man who can cook. clean, do laundry, fix a car, repair anything that breaks in the house and I am very good with my hands. (THREE KIDS) Need I say more. LOL. While it has been twenty two years with my wife, at no point in that time have I ever put my hands on her in anything other then a loving manner. We have had some good times, some bad times and some OH MY GOD moments but we still came through all of them and they made us a more loving couple. When you have to resort to violence or abuse against someone, it is time for the abused to move on. No person should be made to feel useless, unloved or be disrespected. Tara and I live by four simple rules and I think they can work for any couple if you live, learn and use them.

1) Never leave the house without saying I love you and giving them a kiss goodbye no matter how mad you are. It could be the last time you see them. I have done it a few times and I felt miserable all day.

2) Never go to bed angry. No matter what has happened it is not worth it. Trust me I know.

3) Most relationship problems are yours and your partners problems. They should always stay in the house between the two of you. Once you leave the house you leave the problems behind the door as you close it. There are few exceptions one of which I will touch on in this story.

4) Your partner is your equal. They are your better half and you are theirs. Treat them as such; never belittle, degrade or try to humiliate them. Doing so not only makes them feel and look bad to others but makes you look bad also.

Have fun reading and I hope you enjoy.

                                                           *********************

      James watched as the yoga class at the gym began to fill up quickly. He always took a spot near the back so he could view all the ladies in front of him. Being an ass man he loved watching the ladies perform the downward facing dog as it was always a real treat for him.

     "What do you think your doing?" he heard Josh ask as he whipped his head around looking at him. James flashed him a smile while continuing to watch and check out all the women in great detail in front of him.

     "I have no idea what you are talking about," he responded noticing the the petite brown haired woman who had just entered the studio room of the gym.