[Chapter 15] Special Orders

Author's Note: Hey guys! I just wanted to say thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments. It means so much to me, and I can't thank you enough =) I also want to thank @Death_On_Two_Legs because this book wouldn't even exist or be as great as it is without her help. Anyways, thanks once again and I hope you like this chapter! -rac06h10ael

Felix was darting through the woods, keeping his eyes open for either Ian or Shane. Little did he know that the two of them were hiding together under the stage in the mess hall. In fact, they were just sitting there, debating internally whether or not it would be safe to fall asleep.

Ian turned his head to the left and whispered, "Shane?" No response. "Shane," Ian repeated a little louder and a little bit annoyed.

"Shh!" Shane snapped at him, jerking his head in Ian's direction.

"I was just going to ask..."

"SHH!" Shane put his finger up to his lips.

"But..."

"Ian!" Shane moved closer to him, continuing in a whisper, "This is a game of Hide and Seek. Not 'Hide and Let's Talk as Loud as We Can to Get Caught'." Ian hung his head in shame, "So let's try staying as quiet as possible and..."

Just then, the door that gave access to the space underneath the stage opened. Shane clamped his hand over his mouth as someone popped their head in. Neither of the YouTubers could tell who it was - the only thing they could see was the person's silhouette.

"What are you two doing under here?" A female's voice - Abby's voice - sounded. The two men sighed in relief.

"You scared us," Ian remarked as he clutched his chest that was moving up and down rapidly.

"Shouldn't you guys be hiding from Felix?" The adviser questioned, "Not sitting under here doing whatever you were doing?"

"We are," Shane answered.

"Oh..."

"Yeah...so if you don't mind..."

"Right," Abby said as she crawled out of Ian and Shane's hiding place. She wiped the dust off of her pants and turned around, only to see Rachael standing in the doorway. She was wearing the same outfit as the person who shot Natalie and her down with paint balls earlier that day. The only difference was that she wasn't wearing a helmet. Abby raised her eyebrow in confusion - the last time she saw Rachael, she was barely able to stay conscious. Now she looked as if nothing happened. "Rachael, where have you been?" Abby inquired.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" Rachael retorted, ignoring her friend's question.

"Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"

Rachael crossed her arms over her chest, "I got better."

"Better enough to what? Shoot down the people we're supposed to be helping?" Abby yelled, blaming Rachael even though she didn't know for sure it was her who pelted them.

"I...I was given...special orders."

"Special orders?"

"Yes."

Abby gave Rachael a weird look. She didn't recall Felix ever mentioning that any of them would be given special orders at any time. "And what kind of 'special orders' are these?"

Rachael opened her mouth to answer when Anthony came up behind her, also without a helmet, and placed his hand on her shoulder, whispering something into her ear. She nodded her head in understanding and glanced back at Abby, giving the insufficient answer of, "The special kind." And with that, Anthony grabbed Rachael by the hand and dragged her away.