[Chapter 6] The Plan

The remaining YouTubers, advisers, and girls from the challenge all filed into the mess hall, where the set up from the previous "fight to the death" match was resurrected. Abby shook her head as tears starting to fall from her eyes before telling Natalie that she couldn't watch what was about to happen and leaving.

Dan and Phil were set where Meghan and Lisa stood. Dan looked at Phil with a worried expression, and Phil returned the look. Rachael was handed the note from behind. She heaved a sigh before ripping the note into shreds. Zach dropped his jaw and tapped her on the shoulder, "Rachael what are you doing?"

"There's no need in telling them what to do!" She retorted angrily, pointing to where Dan and Phil and the table with the same three weapons and cyanide pill were, "They know that they have to kill each other! They don't need to be reminded!"

"But do they have to kill each other?" Toby butted in. Everyone's eyes made their way to him. He blushed from all the attention and continued, "Don't they have the pass?" Dan and Phil both glanced at each other in happiness, remembering their reward for the victory of the first challenge. "Can't they use it?"

The advisers exchanged glances before Natalie remarked, "I...I don't see why not."

Dan and Phil both darted out of the mess hall and over to their cabin, where they both started searching for their pass. They thought they had it in Phil's trunk, but it wasn't there. Dan pulled up Phil's mattress - no pass. Under his mattress - no pass. In his trunk - no pass. The pass wasn't to be found anywhere in their cabin, and they knew that was the only place they had taken it.

"Where the bloody hell could it be!?!" Phil shouted, running his fingers through his hair.

"I...I don't know," Dan replied as calmly as he could've.

"Because I'm not killing or trying to kill my best friend," Phil told Dan. Dan stood up from looking under his bed and smiled.

"But someone's got to die, Phil," Dan heaved a sigh, "Just like with Meghan and Lisa."

There was a knock on the cabin door. Natalie stood in the doorway with Rachael and Zach. "Sorry, guys, we need you back in the mess hall," Rachael told them dismally.

"Do you have the pass?" Natalie inquired.

"We...we can't find it," Phil answered, slipping his hands in his pockets and looking down at his feet. The advisers were silent. Truth is, they just didn't look hard enough. Because if they did, they would've found the pass under Ian's pillow, where Ian had hidden it after pulling it out of Phil's trunk while everyone was asleep and taking it into his possession.

"Can't we just say we used it and when we find it, throw it away?" Dan questioned.

"I don't think that's how it works, guys," Zach answered.

While the advisers were talking with Dan and Phil, one of the girls, particularly the one with the blonde hair, sneaked out of the mess hall and made her way through the darkness into the building where the advisers slept and Pewdiepie stayed. She walked in and started looking around for Felix. "Hey, where are you?" She whispered, turning a corner and bumping into him.

"Hello, Molly," He greeted with a sly smile.

Molly smacked him on the chest, "This is how you welcome me, Felix?" She yelled at him, my voice ten times louder than before, "First your friends here knocked me out and then you casually greet me with a 'Hello, Molly'?"

Pewdiepie laughed heartily, "Let's get one thing clear, Molly, they are not my friends. They are just some stupid people I tricked into helping me make sure I never lose my rightful place."

"Your rightful place?" She repeated, "You have no rightful place...except maybe hell," Molly spat at him. She crossed her arms and averted her gaze away from him. "Why'd you even invite me here?" Molly added, looking back at Pewdiepie, "We broke up years ago and haven't talked since...well now!"

Felix heaved a sigh and pushed a piece of Molly's hair that had fallen out from her braid behind her ear, "I need your help, Molly. You're the only person I know will get the job done."

"What job?" Molly retorted, her voice cracking at the end of her question. Molly was the one to break up with Pewdiepie, for reasons she wasn't quite sure of even after all that time. But part of her still felt for Pewdiepie in a romantic way, and up until the moment she bumped into him, she never thought she would want to be with him again.

He took her hands in his and put them up to his lips before saying, "I need you to make sure no one gets out of this camp. Especially if those advisers actually go through with their little plan."

"An...anything," She stuttered in response.

"Thanks, Mol," He said before giving her a quick kiss on the lips, "You're the best."

Back at the mess hall, Dan and Phil were back in their places, waiting for the cue to rush up to the table, grab their weapon, and see who will make in one more day in this camp (though the thought of dying and not participating in this camp was becoming more and more pleasing....).

Dan was shaking out his legs and arms. He had a plan, one that he was only aware of. No one knew, not even Phil. Rachael stood beside him, and Natalie beside Phil.

"I'm really sorry about this, Dan," Rachael apologized.

He looked over at her and smirked, "It's not your fault." Rachael gave him a quick hug before walking back to where everyone else stood. Natalie did the same thing, just with Phil.

Zach cleared his throat and announced, "You may start."

Abby peeked her head in the door just as Dan dashed for the table and picked up the gun, loading it and aiming it at Phil's head. Phil's eyes widened - he thought it was the end for him. "Dan...please, don't do this," Phil mumbled under his breath.

"I won't," Dan replied before moving the gun down towards Phil's foot and pulling the trigger. Phil bent down and grabbed his now bleeding foot.

"WHAT THE F...?" Phil shouted through his clenched teeth. "God, this hurts so like a mother..."

Dan threw the gun to the side and said, "Oops! I missed! Better take him to the infirmary..." Dan put his hands behind his back and started swaying back and forth. Everyone stared at Dan, speechless. "Well, someone better hurry up and get him there before he gets an infection or something..."

Rachael snapped back into reality and ran up to Phil, as well as Abby, and helped Phil to his feet. The two of them walked out of the mess hall, the YouTubers and girls separating to create a path out. The doors closed behind him and Dan sighed, scratching behind his neck, "Well, looks like there's only one person to send out to the lake tomorrow."

Shane crossed his arms over his chest, glaring at Dan, "You couldn't let your best friend die, could you?" He dropped his arms to his sides and scoffed, "You know, if we all stay hung up on trying to protect who our friends are and who means the most to us, we're never going to get out of this damn camp. So maybe next time, Dan, think about everyone else in this room before putting someone else in the infirmary rather than out of their misery." And with that, he stormed out of the mess hall, leaving all of the people in utter shock and silence.