Chapter 4

*Hello my minions. jkjk. :) If you didn't know I have a video of like 6 alternate(I might use that word sometime) covers for this book! I love constructive criticism. Just please no one go ranting off like "Oh this book is the most horrible thing I've ever read!" type thing. It really doesn't help me at all. Please vote(if u like it) and comment! Hope you like!*

Chapter 4

The world was suddenly a swirl of colors. I heard a voice screaming my name. I couldn't quite figure out where I had heard it before, but it sounded eerily familiar. Then the pain came. It felt as if a million swords were stabbing my head from all sides. It felt as if it would never end. The person calling my voice sounded more and more frantic. I couldn't feel anything except the piercing pain in my head. I heard the voice shout something that I couldn't make out and as if in reply there was mad cackling laughter. It surrounded me and, if it was possible, made the raging battle in my head worse. Without warning the pain, and the laughing, and the colors all stopped.

I had fallen to the ground in a sitting position.As I glanced up from the ground, I spotted Sarah, who was staring at me with a curious expression. Jack was clutching my arm so tight that it felt like it would fall off. His eyes looked down on me with concern.

"Are you ok?" he demanded, as if I had just given him the biggest scare of his life.(Which I might've depending on: 1.how long I was out of it 2.what I had done during that time)

"What happened?" I asked starting to feel cold and shaky.

"You stopped and wouldn't respond when I shook you."

He started to help me up, but I stayed solid as a rock on the ground. Eventually, he gave up and let me sit.

"I have got to talk to you after school." I said, and even though my voice started to waver, I could tell that he knew I was dead serious. Even so, he still wanted to make sure that I was safe.

"No." he declared firmly, "You are going to the nurses office. You are not going to finish the school day. And we're going to talk when I take you home."

I didn't have the strength to disagree. I let him drag me all the way to the school's tiny nurse's office where the nurse checked me out and said that I should be taken home for a day of rest. They called my parents who were both at work. However, Jack was not allowed to take me home so my dad said he could come by in a half hour to pick me up.

Jack had to leave for class(after much protesting I might add), so I was left alone in the office with nothing except the sound of the office workers typing away on their computers. I had been trying not to think about what had happened, but you cant just keep those types of thoughts away when you're alone.

Both the voice and the laughing sounded familiar, but they weren't the same person(or thing possibly?). They also didn't sound completely human. The pain was as if two sides were battling inside my head for control. Just thinking about the pain made me flinch and by the time my dad finally came I had a searing headache.

"So what happened?" my dad asked after he had signed me out and we gotten in his car.

"I had a headache and fainted." It as what I had told the nurse when she asked.

"Are you running a temperature?" he asked, surprisingly unconcerned.

"Uh, no. Dad are you mad about yesterday?" I inquired timidly.

"What do you mean?"

"I forgot to call you to tell you that you didn't have to pick me up to take me to the library." I answered slightly confused by the fact that he honestly seemed to not know what I was talking about.

"I was supposed to pick you up?" he asked.

"Yes. You promised to yesterday morning."

"I don't remember that." he said, seeming to be just as confused as me.

"Never mind." I said. Suddenly it didn't seem to matter.

I thought my dad would press the subject, but he said, "Ok" and dropped it.

                                                    -------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got home I told my dad that I was feeling well enough to stay at home alone. We said our goodbyes and after he left I sent Jack a text saying that I was home alone. I wanted to make sure that he knew that we could talk during lunch.

The rest of the morning was pretty uneventful. I sat on the couch watching T.V., found a few snacks to eat, and even played the Wii a bit. Thankfully, by 11:00 my headache had completely disappeared and I was feeling completely normal. By the time noon rolled around I was pretty bored and sooooo ready to talk to Jack about what had happened.

When he called I picked up the phone right away.

"Hey." he said.

"Hey." I answered.

"So what was that this morning. I don't care what you tell anyone else you did not faint. You were standing straight until the very end when you fell and your eyes were zipping around as if you could still see everything." He rushed through as if I would interrupt him or tell him that he was wrong.

"I don't know what happened," I began, "All I know is that when I stepped out of your car I felt dizzy. Then all of the sudden I saw a ton of random stripes of colors, someone was screaming my name, there was a horrible pain in my head, someone else started laughing, and it went away. Wait did you say that I fell at the end?" This was news to me. I thought that I had fallen right at the beginning when the pain started.

He was silent for a minute and then said, "Yeah, it was kind of like you just let go. But did anything else happen? Did you see any pattern to the colors?"

"Not that I could tell, but that's not saying much. Mostly I could only feel the pain. It kind of drowned everything else out."

"Ok," he said, "About tonight, please don't come to the library. When I left you looked like you were going to faint."

"I'm really a ton better."

"Yeah, but I still don't want you to hurt yourself more by coming."

"Ok, fine." I said, not looking for an argument. I'm always very agreeable. "Are you still gonna try to get more info on Sarah?"

"Yep! And I have a plan on just how to do it too."

"Good, see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

                                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the day passed by normally. I called Jack after school got out. Turns out his plan was to walk up to any and everyone(except Sarah herself) and ask about her. As you can imagine, it didn't work so well. Most people were creeped out by the questions, but he did find out that her last name was Smith. (Authors note: sorry couldn't think of a good last name)

"Smith?" I asked trying not to laugh, "Isn't that like the most popular last name ever?"

"Yep." he said and I could almost hear him smiling too.

"Are you sure that's her last name?"

"According to the twenty people who I actually got an answer out of, yes."

"K." I said smiling, "See you tomorrow."

"See ya. Bye."

*I know that was a lame ending to the chapter but I thought it was ok. This chapter was also a little short. oh well.*