Chapter 2

hey so I combined chap 1&2 and 3&4. Now they are longer!

Chapter 2

That night I dreamt of my grandmother. I had just awoken suddenly and I started to replay the dream in my head. We had been standing in a plain white room. I was surprised to see her there because she died when I was six. She was warning me. She said that something has happened and that I was no longer safe. I kept asking her why I was no longer safe. She would only say that they have finally come.

As I was thinking back on it I remembered distinctly that she had bright green eyes. Those same green eyes that Sarah and I share. Sarah, the girl who seemed to be able to charm people with just her smile. Even though by now I had convinced myself that what I saw yesterday was some sort of hallucination brought on by lack of sleep, I had to admit that there was something weird about the way everyone always agreed with her. I didn't exactly plan to do anything about it, except look in a few books about hypnosis.

I sat up, still thinking of the dream, got dressed, and went into the bathroom. I was a strict non-believer in any makeup except foundation. As I was putting some strategically over the red spots on my face I noticed that the amount of face that I had to cover was larger than the day before. I also noticed that my hair seemed to be more disheveled and that the dark semicircles under my eyes covered about twice the space they did yesterday. I simply attributed this again to my recent lac of sleep.

After I finished my foundation and tied my hair into a quick bun, I speed walked into the living room where my dad was seated reading the morning's newspaper.

"Hey, dad," I began, hurriedly "can you take me to the library tonight? I need to do some research for a project."

"Right after school?" he asked.

"Yep." I replied, trying to keep my voice even. No matter what I told myself, I knew there was something weird about Sarah and I was going to get to the bottom of it. And why did I keep having such changing opinions on this point. I mean, just a few moments ago I was so sure that there was nothing wrong with her.

"Sure." my father replied in a kind of go away and don't bug me voice. I found this odd because my dad never seemed to get annoyed at me.

"Kay." I said, turning away from him as I headed down the hallway to the kitchen.

My mom entered just as I started to make breakfast.

"Good mourning." I said sidestepping her on my way to the fridge.

"Oh! Maria, sorry," she started, "I didn't see you there."

"Really? Cuz I was here first." I said jokingly.

"Sorry, I must have been distracted."

"It's ok mom. See ya later." I smiled at her.

She just walked out of the room with her bagel. Wow, she was acting odd. Not only did she seem to be completely ignoring me, but she also didn't seem to be mad at me for anything(she might be using the silent treatment but I seriously doubted it). It was as if she simply didn't see me.

I ate a hasty breakfast, packed up my homework, and ran outside to the car already waiting for me to climb in the passenger side seat.

"Good morning." I said.

"Hey, whats up." Jack replied, as he started backing out of the driveway.

"Not much. My parents just seem very distracted this morning."

"Hmmm." he said, distractedly.

"I'm serious. My mom looked straight at me this morning and almost walked into me. It was like I didn't even exist."