Chapter 3

*hello again. sorry that i havent updated in a while. I had things to do and people to see. I hope you like this. Oh and I wont be updating  at all next week. and this weeks updates will be few and far between.  but after that i will update as much as i can.*

Chapter 3

Ok so the researching idea wasn't the best one I've had. First of all we didn't know the name of the city where she used to live. Second, we couldn't remember her last name. At this point your probably thinking "what kind of idiot is this girl?" and even I had to admit that may be we should've thought this through a bit more.

"Ok so, have you ever heard her say where she was from exactly?" Jack asked after about a half an hour of trying to remember any tidbits of information that we had learned about her.

"No" I said laying my head in my hands in a, this is hopeless, position, "I don't think that she ever mentioned the city or even the part of Florida where she was from."

"Well do you want to call it a day?" he asked looking almost as tired as me.

"But we've only been looking for about a half an hour." I said.

"Do  you have any other ideas?"

"Nope."

"Then why don't we stop now and resume our research tomorrow after you've asked her some questions?"

"Resume?" I laughed "Who uses the word resume? I mean no offense or anything, but I haven't heard anyone except teachers use the word resume."

"Sorry." he said, also starting to crack up, "I didn't know that using unusual vocabulary offended you."

For some reason unknown to us, we couldn't stop laughing. When we finally stopped we both agreed to see what information about her we could get tomorrow and then do some more research.

"Hey," I said as he dropped me off, "be  careful. I don't know what she is, but I know that there is something strange about her."

"You be careful to." he said and smiled a huge smile at me, "I wouldn't want you to turn into one of her minions."

And we were laughing again. It only took us a few seconds to calm down.

"See ya," I said closing the door.

"Bye,"

When I got in my something occurred to me: I hadn't told my dad that Jack would be picking me up. He must have been freaking out. But then again, I did have my phone, which I hastily checked to make sure it was on, and he could have called me at any time. Still, I braced myself for the worst. When I got inside my dad was messing with some random paperwork.

"Hey, dad." I said cautiously.

"Hey Maria." he replied, distractedly.   

"Look dad," I began, quickly, not giving him a chance to say anything more "I got a ride with Jack and I forgot to call you. I'm so sorry." Then something registered in my mind. This whole time he hadn't looked up from his work.

"Um dad?"

"Ya?"

 "Is there anything wrong?" I asked suspiciously. I was starting to wonder if he wasn't paying attention to me on purpose.

"No. Why?" he said, still as obsessed with his work as ever.

"No reason." I said walking out of the room.   

That night, before I went to bed, I thought about what had happend that day. I wondered if Sarah could have had anything to do with my parents not paying attention to me. Then again, maybe I was just being paranoid.