~Chapter 5~

Authors Notes:
Chapter 5 is here...
Hope you enjoy...

" Better now?" He asked as the couple walked out.
"Much better Jug." She smiled as She gripped his hand. They walked through Pops heading back to their booth.
"Look who it is, little miss Perfect Ponytail. And of course Little miss perfect in the arms of a south side serpent or should I say Southside Scum." They heard the whiny voice of Veronica as she came up to them in The chocklit shoppe. Her tongue was sharp and spiteful.
"Veronica seriously? He's my boyfriend, why wouldn't I be with him?" Her fist began to clench, she felt her fingernails pierce deep into her palms and as Veronica and Betty stared each other down Jughead watched Betty's hands and Betty very closely.
"What does Mama Cooper say? Or does she not know...Should I tell her, I'm sure she would like to know, think about it- Elizabeth 'I'm so in love with the boy next door but he doesn't love me so I'll go and cry to one of the low-life's on the Southside to see if any one of them will get into my pants' Cooper." She cackled. Betty felt the sensation of her fists curling up even more. She felt these angry voices screaming in her head. Her fist (that wasn't interlocked with Jughead's) clenched tighter.Her fingernails began to puncture each of the scars , more and more and Jughead saw this. He took the angry fist and removed her fingers from her palms. He stroked her palm gently before holding both her hands together. He put his left arm around Betty and with his right arm he cradled both of her hands.
"Baby come on let's go." He whispered as a look of worry and concern melted over his face
"Why does she have to go, we are having a great time" She said scornfully.
"We are going, Veronica also clearly no person in their right mind would have a great time if they are with you, you are a self-centred, manipulative jerk " He said scowling at Veronica while he carried on stroking Betty's hands.
"No you aren't." With that she grabbed Betty's arms with her sharp claws and pulled her out of Jughead's reach. As they parted his face dropped and a wash of concern ran across his face as Betty drifted from him. "Betty, Jughead isn't the boss of you. He just likes to think that, I mean look at you you are a girl just asking and just praying that someone will love you, you are vulnerable and he is using that.
"He isn't doing that Veronica. He cares about me when no one else does"
Betty said sharply as she broke her arm free of Veronica's harsh touch and escaped back to Jughead. Betty saw his face as it lightened with relief. He lifted both his arms as Betty stood in front of him , and he wrapped them around Betty's shoulders and chest. She held his hands as they cradled her.
"Wow Betty choose him over me." Veronica sighed she raised her eyebrows and stared them down.
"Leave it Veronica can't you see that she doesn't feel comfortable with you. Can't you see that she would much rather be with me or for a matter of fact ANYONE but you."
Jughead said staring back at her.
"You know what Jughead, I thought we could of had something. I was hoping that you would dump,her." She gave Betty evil, dark eyes and spat the word 'her' at the shy girl stood before her. " I mean god- both of us are hot, we could of each left our freaks and ran off together. I still might want to." She winked and blew a seductive kiss at Jughead.                         
" 1. I don't like you in any way so, no.
2.You have a boyfriend, Archie? Remember him, he's literally over there." He looked at Betty with his beautiful eyes, " And 3. I have the most amazing, intelligent, beautiful angel anyone could ask for and I don't need anything, or anyone else." He kissed my forehead gently and she smiled at him and he smiled back.
"1. You don't have to like me because once you get to know me, you'll love me.
2. What?! That big orange buffoon I only go out with him for popularity status'. Also he's not good at anything besides one thing that doesn't need details.And..
3. Betty is not even half the woman I am." She said mocking Jughead as she numbered her reasons. Betty's self-confidence had dropped as she talked about her.
"You are so right." Jughead said smugly to her. Betty's heart felt like it broke as he agreed with her. She narrowed her eyes at me and flipped her hair.
"Aren't I just." She replied and slyly grinned at Betty. She held her hand out for Jughead to take it.
"Betty isn't half the woman you are, she is a thousand, no a million times more than you will ever be." He said and looked at her hovering hand silently  laughing at her. She quickly moved it back to her hip and twitched with embarrassment.
Betty's heart fixed itself and her eyes shone as he tricked Veronica before. Her face was the colour of a tomato as she strutted back, a lot less confidently than before, to her booth
                                •••
      Feedback is welcome people.
I hope you enjoyed    "Finding Happiness" chapter 5