Chapter Twenty-Seven

Alix wasted no time.

She took off her shirt, bra, shorts, and the very last barrier in record timing. Her clothes were a hapless pile on grass that tickled her bare feet. It was soft and springy as she walked over to him, stopping once her toes touched the plush material of the duvet.

Breeze blew over her body, peeking every sense. She heard Taivon's intake of breath. Saw the need in his eyes, the heat, the lithe form of his body. Felt the fresh air wrap itself around her body. Inhaled the heady, male scent of this strong man before her.

Without a word, he sat up and took her hand. Alix took a few more steps onto the bedded area and watched as Taivon shifted to give her more room. She mimicked him and sat down, heels underneath her butt and hands joined together.

Time seemed to stop as they looked at each other. The smile on his face had disappeared, only to be replaced the thin line of his mouth and a hard set to his jaw. His eyes were clear, though, letting her see into him. She saw the desire, the uncertainty, and the weak hold he had on his control.

“God, Alix,” he murmured.

She tried pulling him closer to her, but her efforts proved as effective as trying to move a brick wall. Impossible. Getting up on her knees, she made a move to straddle his legs, but Taivon stopped her with a hand to her waist. That hand dipped lower then, circling her navel with an index finger and then lower still, until he was cupping her with a firm touch.

“So b-b-beautiful.”

Alix threw her head back as his thumb circled the aroused nub and a single finger slid into her. A low, guttural groan left her mouth as he moved that digit in and out of her wetness, her inner muscles pulling at him, begging for more entrance.

“T-T-Touch me,” he said, continuing to move his fingers inside her.

“Finally.” She moved closer and splayed her hands on his chest, moving them to cup the hardness of his shoulders. Tangling her hands in his hair, she brought his head down until their lips were mere centimeters apart. The freshness of his breath blew across her. Alix leaned forward and sealed her mouth over his.

His response was immediate. Tongue snaking with hers, he invaded her mouth as his finger did her aching center. One hand wrapped around her waist, bringing her impossibly closer. Her breasts brushed against his chest, and she gasped into his touch at the delicious friction.

A needy sound came out of her mouth, but Alix would be embarrassed about it later. Now, it was all about Taivon and her. Nothing else mattered.

She heard his intake of breath as she stroked his stomach and then smoothed a finger down the hardness of his length. He pushed into her hand, and she wrapped it around him, using her thumb to circle the tip.

Taivon broke the kiss then and went straight for her neck. He licked a hot path down below her ear, biting down along the column of flesh before focusing on the hollow by her collarbones and then farther down. His hot breath blew across her beaded nipples just as he removed his hand from her core.

Arching her back, Alix offered herself up to him. He pressed open-mouthed kisses to the wet flesh before focusing on the buds of her nipples, suckling first one into the heat of his mouth before directing his focus on the other.

The pounding of her heart and his heavy breathing was all that filled her ears. All she could see was Taivon, his body taking her away from everything but the sensations his touch created. The thunder in her ears made her feel light headed, and there was a tingling building low in her belly. His breathing was heavy.

She held him against her, pushing her breasts into the heat of his mouth. “Taivon.”

“Mmm...” he groaned into the hollow between her breasts.