Chapter 9: Scared Twice

A/N: DUN DUN DUN!!! What on Earth will happen now? Honestly.. I don't know either.... so I am just going to have random words flow out of me an lets all pray it works. Here goes nothing

*Pray*

*Pray* 

*pray...*

Done? Good. Now for the story....  v

Louis' P.O.V

We were all laughing as I threw her into the pool. She said she was a champion swimmer and so did Michelle, so I knew that everything would be okay. She was smiling when I threw her in, so I took that as a yes.

So, we laughed, knowing everything would be OK. We kept laughing but I was freaking out, unlike everyone else. I actually noticed she hadn't come back up. I jumped in the pool and learned that you CAN scream underwater. I went up to grab a breath and went back, whilst feeling everyone staring at me. Obviously, someone caught on and was running around. I heard screaming from above, but I honestly didn't know what about. Well, I did. My girlfriend was drowning and I was swimming underwater trying to undo her bracelet from the vent. But I meant, why were they screaming? Were they even on the phone? Or were they hoping I had magic powers that could save her life?

As I undid the bracelet, I couldn't help but notice the little letters and things drawn on her arm;

L + A = <3

M + L = Forever

<3 Louis And Alyssa <3 

*Flashback*

"So you like One Direction?" I killed the silence. I hope she would like One Direction, because the boys would love her.

"Noooo! No.. No, my friend gave me 50 bucks to read this because she thinks I will meet them whilst visiting Doncaster." she said, looking up. I guess she noticed I was staring at her carrot because she handed me one with no question.

"Thanks." I said taking bite, and nodding my head for her to continue.

"Their music is always about love. Sometimes you get a little tired of the same old subjects and just want to listen to something else. My friend Michelle wrote this for a English Lit class, so she knows everything about them." She said, sounding like she was bored and hoping for a conversation.

"Oh.... did she ship you?" I laughed, but she only looked at me funny. I guess she was wondering why a weird-looking person like me new what 'ship' meant.

"Uhm... yea. She said I would look good with Harry. And she also said I have a lot in common with Louis. I mean, he is cute" she said it quietly.

"Whats your name?"

"Alyssa."

*End of flashback*

"Oh my god!" I thought. "What in the world have I done? And again, during the same day, I hurt her. But this time, physically instead of mentally."

I finally undid the bracelet from her hand, which wasn't easy seeing as it was string and was tied in a triple knot. I brought her back up to shore with the bracelet in one hand and her lying down in my arms, bridal style.

I was freaking out as I placed her down.

"Alyssa????" I asked her shaking her a bit. I listened for breathing.

I couldn't here anything.

I listened for a heartbeat.

There wasn't any sound.

What have I done?

I don't know what came over me. The fact that I was crying over a girl I just met, or the fact that I am in love with a girl I just met, didn't really matter. All I knew was that I had to save her. If I didn't, I would be dead on the inside. 

I started to push on her chest, then breathe air into her mouth. Practical CPR. It made me miss everything about her, looking at her lifeless.

Like her laugh. She always says its annoying, or like a witch's laugh. But that's exactly what I love about it. I love it because it makes her her, and that is beautiful.

Her touch. Every time we touch, I feel these sparks, and I just know she does to. But now, while I am trying to make her breathe or talk or do something, I feel nothing. Because it just isn't the same when I don't see her gorgeous blue eyes or when I don't see her smile.

Her smile. It is one of those smiles where you can just be entranced. Stare at it for days. When she smiles into our kiss, I want to pull away and see it. See it because I am happy I was the one who made her smile, but scared that someday, someone else might be that one. 

That day at the amusement park when I said I loved her? She said she loved me too.

Except then I said “I think I love you.” But now… now I know I do.

I breathed out one last time. I pushed on her chest one last time. Everyone was staring at me. I had tears in my eyes and so did Michelle and the boys. Harry kept telling me to wait for the paramedics. But they didn’t know that I heard no breathing. They didn’t know I heard no heartbeat. They didn’t know how much I love Alyssa Carter Jacobson.

She coughed. She… she coughed. SHE COUGHED!!!!

Everyone stared wide-eyed, waiting for her to do something. She coughed out water and I hugged her. I made sure she was all right before I sulked off in to my room. I was stressed. I did that to her and she almost died. I would never forgive myself, and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if she didn’t forgive me, also.

Alyssa’s P.O.V

I awoke with a start and started coughing up water. It took me a minute to realize what I was doing here. Let alone, where here was. Louis hugged me, said how sorry he was, kissed me, and then walked off. I had no idea why, but I let everyone check on me. The paramedics came and asked if we were pulling a prank. Michelle explained to her what happened while the nurse checked up on me. They said I was fine and I could stay, but if anything happens, to go to the hospital. I walked straight up to where Louis was and knocked on the door.

“Louis… can I come in?” I asked him.

“Hum… err… yea sure.” He stuttered back. He opened the door, and once I was in, he kissed me. Like he would never see me again, which concerned me.

Louis’ P.O.V

She walked in and I kissed her. She didn’t back away, which was good. But she definitely looked worried.

She hugged me, and I repeated “I am so sorry.” a countless amount of times. She kept trying to say “It’s okay.” or “It’s not your fault.” But I knew that it damn too was my fault.

“DON’T YOU SEE? I COULD HAVE KILLED YOU! WHAT WOULD I HAVE DONE THEN?” I yelled at her. She flinched and I immediately regretted it.

“I’m so sorry.” I said hugging her tightly.

She kissed my cheek and looked at me.

“Louis. Listen. It really is okay. I am okay. Okay? Okay!” she said, which made me laugh a little and hug her again.

We walked downstairs hand in hand, until we stopped by the stairs. Well, she stopped by the stairs and squeezed my hand, which made me stop.

“Oh, hi Alyssa. Someone is here for you.” Harry said pointing to the person at the door.

Alyssa started to panic and squeezed my hand even tighter. What the hell is going on?

“Hey Alyssa. Remember me?” The man asked, pointing to himself when he said me.

 Michelle looked scared as well, holding on to Liam like the man was a killer.

Again. What the BLOODY HELL is going on?