16° : This Is Not the End

Mr Bae's car stops in front of a huge hall with a banner written 'royal ballroom'. I nervously look outside of the window where all of the guests are wearing such an elegant and classy outfits. I sigh, staring at my dress with no confidence inside.

"You look beautiful enough. Don't be lack of confidence." Mr Bae tells me after hugging me tightly. "Let's go into the hall now."

I follow him from the back as I have a hard time walking in such a high heels. He escorts me inside, helping me to use the stairs like a gentleman. This is the first time ever I walked on a red carpet.

"Bae Jinyoung! You have arrived!" A guy calls Mr Bae from far away.

It's Mr Hwang. Every girls ideal guy. Mr Bae suddenly locks my hand with his when Mr Hwang comes closer to us. I bow to him, smiling brightly.

"It's great to see you here, Miss Lee.. Mr Bae truly have changed a lot. This is the first time ever he brought his secretary here." He tells me.

"Really? What kind of person he was before?" I curiously ask him while staring at Mr Bae who is glaring at both of us with his deep gazes.

"Well... He always came here alone before he got engaged with Yumi. But it's great that Yumi broke up with him because I think she turned Jinyoung's life into madness." He adds more.

I chuckled as I listened to his talks. Mr Bae pulls me away from Mr Hwang when he is busy chatting with me. He stops as he leans me on the wall in an empty room, grabbing my shoulder with such a different grip feel.

"Don't chat with him too long. Can't you see others were looking at both you? I even heard that they said both of you are sweet together." He expresses his anger in a calm way.

"I'm sorry, Mr Bae.. I shouldn't let you left behind. I mean.. Mr Hwang was busy chatting with me. I can't resist to reply his questions.."

"Don't call me Mr Bae again!" His voice echoes around the room. I'm shocked listening to his roaring manly voice.

"Just call me Bae Jinyoung... I know both of us are same age. Why must you call me formally when we already like each other?" He asks, looking at me with his sparkling eyes.

I bite my lip, nervous. ".. Are you sincerely like me? You're not just playing with me, right?"

He kisses me instead of answering my question in words form. I let his lip on mine, enjoying this short moment. He gets off from me, holding my hands romantically.

"Lee Hui, can I asked you to be mine now?" He opens the door of the room, bringing me outside where the crowds of guests are dancing with their partners.

He holds both of my hands, posing into dancing pose. He teaches me how to dance elegantly. I follow his steps carefully until I'm immersed into it.

The music stops. All the guests stop dancing as Mr Bae.. I mean Bae Jinyoung's dad is standing on the podium, starting to give a few talks. I take a look around as Jinyoung suddenly gone to somewhere else without even telling me.

I stand alone without my partner, listen to Jinyoung's father talks. I somehow feel jealous because the couple in front of me keep on flirting each other in many ways. I sigh, still waiting for Jinyoung to come.

I give an applause for Jinyoung's father for finishing his talks that I never understand about. A sudden sound effects shocked me. The lights been turned off and only the stage lights function.

".. Hello everyone.. This is Bae Jinyoung, the youngest CEO of CQ Company. Today, I would like to share my precious memory with all of you that came today. I have found my true life partner that could make me happy all time. She wasn't like us, she works under me. She just live in just a simple life that makes me thought; Am I overused my money for such a small thing?" Jinyoung speaks out.

"... And she is here.." The pink spotlight shines on my spot, gaining attentions from all the guests around me. I shyly look at Jinyoung who is kneeling in front of the stage, exchanging gazes with me.

"Lee Hui.. Will you marry me?" He confesses, taking out a rose with a platinum ring on the stem.

The guests that are standing in front of me walk away, making a path for me to walk towards the stage. They give me a few cheering and singing a propose song.

I take a brave step to meet Jinyoung who is waiting for me on stage. "Bae Jinyoung.. Who was once my CEO.. I accept your propose." I smile, taking the rose after he wears me the ring on my point finger.

"That is a promise ring. You know I need your protection always. With this ring, promise me that you'll always be with me although it's hard for you." Jinyoung shows me the ring that he wears on his point finger.

A few pats from my back startling me. I turn around, shocked to see Jinyoung's father stands next to me. He throws a fatherly smile after congratulating me.

".. I have heard many good things about you thanks to my son, Jinyoung. I allow him to marry you because I know you'll take a good care of him although you're not a heir of any company. I give you 100% my permission." He tells me like my own father.

My eyes get teary. I missed my parents so much. Jinyoung runs down from the stage, hugging me tightly before I start crying. "I'm here.. Don't worry. They must be proud of you that you have met me. They must love it that you'll be married soon. Don't cry or I'll bite your nose." He calms me down plus joking around.

"Bite my nose..?" I ask curiously, stopping my tears.

He comes closer to my face, biting my nose tip a bit. I groan in pain. The guests are wooing instead of worrying about me. ".. Why must they do in public? I'm jealous of their relationship." I heard a girl behind me comments on our acts.

"Should we continue it later at my house?" Jinyoung whispers, getting hit by me.

F I N