4° : FOR Life

The miserable day yesterday ended up after I wake up from my bed. I get ready to go to work although I don't feel like I wanna go. Thinking about yesterday's fight with Mr Bae aching my head.

I open the shoe racks to decide which type of shoes that I should wear as I lost one of my shoes yesterday. I take out each of the shoes inside, wearing it while looking at the mirror. I pick up the bow designed black platform.

After half an hour, I finally arrived at the office. I insert my punch card in the machine, entering the dark office. "Did I came too early?" I mumble, switching on all of the lights.

A pair of hands suddenly touch my shoulders, startled me. I take a look around, "Mr Guanlin~ You shouldn't do something like that. BTW where's others? Do both of us came too early?" I ask him.

"Miss Lee, you're so cute. Can't you see that it's still half an hour early than work hour started?" He chuckles, walking to his desk.

I take a look at my watch. "Damn, this watch already went out of battery." I muttered, taking off the watch from my wrist.

"But.. Mr Lai, why you came this early?" I ask him but he's not around anymore. "Am I talking to a ghost just now? Where is he..?"

I search around the office until he jumped out from behind of the photocopy machine. I fell on the floor, shocked. "Mr Lai!"

He helps me to get up, sitting on the chair. "You don't need to be so formal with me. Just call me Guanlin." He smiles.

"Okay... Guanlin. Ah! I forgot.." I pause, walking back to my desk to search for something.

I go back to Guanlin's direction, giving him a paper bag. "Thank you for lending me your sandals yesterday. It's so comfortable." I say.

"Just keep it. I have a few of same sandals like that." He gives me back the bag to me.

Before I get to take it from his hands, the bag fell on the floor all of sudden. A few footsteps approaching both Guanlin and I. "... Good morning, Mr Bae." Guanlin bows down to Mr Bae who is standing in front of me.

I bow to him without even greet him anything. I'm still mad at him about yesterday. I walk to my desk, forgetting about the paper bag that lays on the floor.

"What's this? A pair of sandals? Why must this trash been here?" Mr Bae kicks the bag further. "Mr Lai, throw this away now."

I go to take the bag instead of Guanlin. I keep it under my drawer of my desk. Guanlin keeps on calling my name, trying to follow Mr Bae's words.

"Miss Lee, what are you doing? I told Mr Lai to throw it away. Why you're keeping that trash? It will ruined our office atmosphere!" Mr Bae comes to my desk, slamming his hands on it.

"I wore it yesterday because I lost my shoes! Wae?! Does it annoys you that much?! If you hate it that much, then just scold me. Must you kick these sandals? I'm grateful that it's still being considered as a wearable stuff although it's cheap..." I glare at Mr Bae before entering the resting room to drink a few glasses of water.

"Lee Hui.. May I enter?" Guanlin softly asks me while peeking over the door.

I sigh, replying him with a short answer - yes. ".. Guanlin.. Am I too emotional just now? I should follow Mr Bae's orders right?" I ask him, drinking another glass of plain water.

I don't hear anything except a few applauses. "Lee Hui.. You're the first ever worker that was brave to proof him that he's wrong. I'm sure that Mr Bae will change soon." Guanlin smiles.

".. What do you mean?" I ask him, confused.

"When fire meets the extinguisher, of course the fire will fade off. Same like Mr Bae and you. When he tries to scold you with his words, you have made your mind that he's nothing to be scared of and fights him back with spicery words." He explains.

"So... Just let the situation before be. I know you will change Mr Bae to a better person." He holds my hand, looking at me with his shining eyes.

I went back to my desk as I calmed down, thanks to Guanlin. A mysterious box found on my chair. I take the sticky note on top of the box carefully; "Miss Lee.. I'm sorry for all the commotion that I did to you since yesterday. You reflect that my bad self will affect others. Wear this gift if you have forgive me. I'll try to become a better boss for you and all of your colleagues. From, Mr Bae."

I smile as I look at Mr Bae's room where he is stamping each of the documents on his desk. I open the box lid, looking at the shoes. It's a black leather with small heels. I put the box under my desk carefully.

"Soon.. I'll wear it. But I already forgive you." I mumble.

× × ×

12PM. It's already lunch time. I take my trench coat, getting ready to get my lunch. At the same time, Mr Bae also went out from his room, looking at me. ".. Miss Lee, let's eat lunch together." He asks me, gesturing me to follow him.

I can't stop blinking. Is that really Mr Bae or his clone? He never acted that way before. I quickly follow right behind him while wearing my trench coat. He stops to wait for the elevator door to open. I stand next to him, panting as he walked too fast.

"Miss Lee.. Are you okay? Am I walk too fast?" He asks me, worried.

I nod, getting my hair ruffles by him as a reply. I straighten my hair back, awkwardly looking at him. ".. Mr Bae, are you sick? You never be like this.." I stutter.

"Am I? I think I'm much better thanks to you." He shows his beautiful smile for the first time. I look away as I feel my heart fluttering all of sudden.

You're not falling for him, right?

T B C