10° : Hug

"Congratulations, Miss Lee! Welcome back to our department!" All the other workers cheer together when I enter my old office with Mr Bae beside me, holding my shoulder.

I take off his hand from my body part, walking towards Jihoon and Guanlin who are holding a huge cake with a few candles on it. "Thank you guys."

I blow the candles and get some icing on my face because of them. "Miss Lee.. You're so cute." Guanlin smears my face with the icing instead of wiping it.

"What are you doing right now?! You should wipe it for her, not smearing it on her face!" Mr Bae suddenly yells at all of us, destroying the small party that they made.

"Sorry, Mr Bae.. I'm just playing with her." Guanlin apologizes to him.

"He's just joking with me. Like how friends use to play with each other." I stop Guanlin from keep bowing down to Mr Bae.

Mr Bae suddenly pulls me away from the crowds, heading to his room. He takes a white towel in his drawer, wiping my face silently.

"Mr Bae.. I can wash and wipe it by myself. Just give me the towel." I try to take the towel away from his hand but his grip is stronger than mine.

"But I can clean it up for you." He says as he continues wiping on my face but he stops when his hand reaches my lips. He puts the towel away, coming closer to me.

"Mr Bae... What are you doing? Can I get the towel now..?" I stutter as I backing away from him, attempting to take the towel from his hand.

He pulls me nearer, planting his lip onto mine. I want to push him away but my body told me to stay and enjoy the moment. I feel my body heats up.

"Stop! What are you doing?! Why you're kissing my fiance?!" Mr Bae's fiancee, Yumi pulls me away from Mr Bae, slapping my face a few times until it turns red.

I hold my red and hot face while staring at Yumi who is busy hugging Mr Bae, caressing his back without knowing what's happening.

"What's happening over here? Miss Lee.. Are you okay?" Guanlin comes over to me, helping me to stand up from the ground.

"I'm fine. Just bring me away from here.." I whisper, exchanging gaze with Mr Bae.

× × ×

Guanlin puts a pack of ice cubes on my red cheeks. I can't help but zoning out, staring at the ground with blank mind. "Miss Lee.. What's wrong? I know something happened." He sits next to me, brushing off a strand of hair that covering my face.

"Why must he did that to me? And his fiancee came, slapping me like crazy. Am I seen too easy on him?" I mumble.

"What that Mr Bae did..?" He asks again.

I comes closer to Guanlin, reenacting the situation that happened in Mr Bae's room. I kiss Guanlin's lip without realizing it. Guanlin pushes me away slowly, looking at me.

".. Mr Bae did that? In his room with you?" He stutters.

"Yes.. I'm afraid but my heart flutters. What am I feeling right now?" I sigh.

"It's called love.. You love him but at the same time maybe Mr Bae loves you too." He explains.

"That's hilarious. He have a fiancee already. He wouldn't love me. Maybe he just wanted to play with me like always.. And why should I like him?" I refuse to accept what he said to me.

Guanlin approaches me, staring into my eyes. "I can see it in your eyes. You like him.." He states again.

Really? Am I?

× ÷ ×

Office time finished. I pack up my things to get back home. At the same time, Mr Bae walks out from his room, looking at me. I avoid his eyes and continuing to pack up. He knocks on my desk, trying to get my attention.

"Do you want to eat dinner with me?" He asks.

"I'm sorry but I should get back home now if you don't have anything else to tell me." I refuse his offers.

"But.. This is an order. I'm your boss and you're my secretary. So, shouldn't you listened to my words and follow them?" He smirks.

I continue my steps to the door to exit the office but I stopped as I heard something unbelievable. "If you refused to, then.. I should cut down your wedges for this month. It's not hard for me to do it online." He threats me, holding on his phone.

I turn back, shaking my head to tell him don't. I run to him, pleading in front of him like I have made a huge mess. I need that full wedges to pay for my rental apartment. "Okay.. I'll go to dinner with you." I sigh.

"That's good. So~ Let's go!" He excitedly pulls me to leave the office.

I look at him in disbelief. It's the first time ever I saw Mr Bae acts like this. Even when he was with his fiancee, he never be this happy. His grips on my arms are so friendly, it's not hurt at all although he pulls me all the time.

"So.. Lady first." He opens the door of the passenger's seat for me as we arrived at his car.

I get into his car, looking around curiously. He has a driver to drive him anywhere he wants - I'm amazed by that. After a few seconds, he joins to sit next to me with a smiling face.

"Miss Lee.. What food that you would like to eat? We will go there." Mr Bae asks me with full of anticipation.

"A homemade food restaurant. I'll give you the address." I tell him the address clearly.

"Mama's Bong Home Restaurant?" He looks surprised when he saw the name.

"Yes.. Wae? Anything wrong?" I take a look at him that keeps changing his face expressions when looking at his phone.

"No.. Nothing. Let's go there, Mr Kim." He tells the driver to start moving.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the restaurant. Mr Bae gets out from the car, opening the door on my side. I smile brightly when I see the restaurant as I have a few memories in it.

"Mr Bae.. Let's get in. I'm too hungry." I excitedly enter the restaurant with him following at my back.

"Welcome.. Ouh? Lee Hui?! I missed you!" The guy with a moustache hugs me as he recognize me. He is my uncle that helps me when my mom left me.

Mr Bae suddenly calls me, signalling me to sit on a chair in front of him. I bow to my uncle and go to Mr Bae as quick as I could. "Yes, Mr Bae. Are you that hungry?" I ask him.

"Don't hug other guys. I hate it." He utters all of sudden.

Am I dreaming? Why he said that to me?

T B C