8. "Have you ever just stopped to watch the world pass by?"

When I got home from Taco Bell, I went straight to my room happy and distressed at the same time , it's so unfair that such a wonderful person is suffering and let me tell you something about his father he is a mother fuc - I stopped having a conversation with myself when I saw my mom crying on her bed but this time is different , she's crying over the telephone…

"No"

"-I can't take it anymore Derek"

"No please!"

"I do not want to make this worse than it is already"

Those were the things she was saying to the other person on the line , apparently to a guy named Derek. When she finished I entered her room, she's laying in the bed crying her eyes out. I sit with her.

"what's wrong?" Those were the first words I had spoken to her since our fight, I haven't talked about her , not even about the letter.

She sighed heavily, wiping the tears from her face and got off the bed.

"Who is Derek?" - I follow her to the kitchen.

"Nobody" - she says dryly, turning on the stove to make coffee.

"Of course it's someone , he made you cry" - I raise my voice.

"Forget about it, and go to sleep!" - she says raising her voice even more.

I stand firmly "No"

"Susan" - she says darkly, you know that voice that all parents use when you are about to get in trouble.

"No, this time I'm not going to sit and pretend that nothing is wrong with you… every time I hear you cry and I try to talk to you, you just go and

lock yourself in your damn room, now I want to know what the hell is wrong"

Nothing.

"I read the letter!" I yell furious.

She turns around slowly " what-t letter? "

"Why did you lie to me? All this damn time, why? " I shouted "why didn't you tell me he wasn't my real dad?"

she took in a big amount of air ,"I-I just.." She cut herself off to cry.

"He was really hurt"

"You think I wasn't!" , she snapped , glowering at me, "I felt lonely and I was young, I didn't know what I was doing"

"Damn it!", I kicked the chair that was in front of me, "You sure knew what you were doing ,cheating it's not something that just happens" I just see the shock on my depressed mom's face.

She cleared her throat "I'm sorry , and I regret it every fucking day , you think I don't? I do, you were just a mistake" she started to shake while she cried

even more on the floor.

"You can't hold me responsible for everything bad in your life, At the end of the day, it's all your fault!" I said and stormed away ,I went outside and without thinking too much, I knocked his door, after 2 and a half minutes he opened it... It's not like I counted or anything.

"Susan?" James asks as he follows me to his bedroom.

We sat on his bed "so what's wrong?".

I sigh "Okay just listen, you don't have to say anything" he just nods slowly"So as I said before, my dad died, right? So 3 weeks ago I found out that he wasn't my real dad, my mom was having an affair and got pregnant, when Alex, who I though was my dad, came back, my mom told him she was pregnant but told him I was his daughter, 6 years passed and the lie was killing my mom so she mailed Alex a letter telling him the truth , 2 weeks after they told us that Alex was dead, I thought all my life that he died fighting for our country but then I found a letter in his uniform and it turns out he killed himself because he couldn't live anymore knowing that the woman he loved lied all this time... She Told me I was a mistake, maybe I really am" when I finished I felt like I needed air, I use my hands to rub my eyes to stop the stupid tears running down my face , James reached for my hands and made me look at him.