19. What the hell is going on?

Chapter 19

What the hell is going on?

“Open it Susan, Dammit!”

“I can’t,”

“Do it, it’s not that hard.”

“You are really bossy.”

“Yeah, whatever, give it to me, I’ll do it.” Lulu says taking the peanut butter jar from my hands.

I cross my arms above my chest, pouting like a five years old, ” That was mine,”

“Guess not anymore,” Lulu grins, and takes a big spoon out of the peanut butter and into her mouth.

“Jerk.”

“Baby,” Lulu says sticking her tongue.

“Jerk.”

“Bab-“

“Girls, stop it!” James shouts, managing to park his car in school.

Lulu and I look at James and then look at each other, and laugh all the way to the school building.

Two days later and I still haven’t opened James’ file. Maybe I am never going to. I can’t; Yeah, I am a freaking chicken.

James takes my hand and laces his long fingers with mine, stepping me out of my train of thoughts.

“You didn’t have to bring me all the way to the library,” I tell him when we reach it.

He smiles, and leans down to plant a kiss on my forehead. “It’s okay, I have English now anyways. You are lucky you have a free period.”

’Why was James in your desk the first day of school? And never went back to that class?’ , Kira’s annoying voice pops in my head while I make my way to my favorite place in the library. Ms . Romano forgave me a couple of days ago, so yeah I am welcome again.

“Focus on your Literature book, Susan. You need at least a B on the next test”. I keep telling myself when my eyes couldn’t stay open anymore and my head landed in the desk I have sat for over an hour.

“Susan, Susan…” A familiar voice hums in my ear. Brushing circles on my left cheek with its thumb.

“Go away!”. I grunt at the person calling my name.

James sweet laugh plays through my ears, “You missed your test, your period finished 30 minutes ago.”

“Why me?” I cry, still sleepy.

He grabs all my books and puts then back in my bag. He then continues to take me in his arms, in a bride’s way, all the way to his car. Or that’s what I think. I can’t open my eyes, I am so tired. I stayed up all night reading a book, for my exam and missed it.

Sigh.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I wake up on my comfortable, hot bed. I look around my room, my vision still blurry and lay my eyes on a tall figure by the window. Is James with an unreadable expression all over his face. The desire to call his name instantly fell when I saw the reason of his expression. The folder, he has the folder in his hand.

He obviously hasn’t realize I woke up. He takes his phone out of his back pocket and starts to type furiously on it.

What is in there? And why does he look so alarmed?

He puts the folder back on my bag. And starts to run circles in my room, pulling from his hair, until his phone starts to ring loudly through my room. He immediately looks over to my bed to see if I was still asleep, I pretended to be. When he believes it, he answers it and steps out closing the door quietly.