CHAPTER-9

RITIKA'S POV:

I sat still on my bed wondering of why dhruv reacted so weirdly while Anisha kept advising me for tomorrow's interview. I wasn't listening to her and was completely lost in my thoughts .

'Are you even listening to me akka(elder sister)?'-shouted Anisha seeing me distracted while I immediately recovered from my thoughts .

' Yes I am listening'- said I .

' Oh is it , then tell me what was I speaking so far?'- asked she with her hands folded .

' Uh....'- paused I not knowing of what to tell her.

' I know that you were not listening and I also know the reason behind it . Let me make it clear akka(elder sister) that I am not letting you ruin your life by falling in love with someone especially a millionaire . You can never trust such people and I would advise you to concentrate in your interview for now . Prepare well and clear the interview at least for mom , you know very well that she is looking forward for this job . All the best'- said she and hugged me after which she left me alone in my room.

' What is happening to me ? Anisha is right I cannot trust anyone but why is my heart not accepting this in Dhruv's case ? Why do I feel so connected to him and why do I miss him so much when he is not around me?', I kept asking myself but couldn't find the answer for it.

Enough of it Ritika now you got to follow Anisha's words and concentrate in your interview because this is going to determine my future at the end , I said to myself and started surfing for that company's details in Google to have a better idea about its establishment and its functions . I brushed on my basics for a while till the dinner was ready after which I left for the dinner table. Everyone were sitting around the table and were probably waiting for me to arrive , I instantly joined them for the dinner and we started having our food .

' So when is your flight tomorrow?'- asked mom to Dhruv .

' Aunty it's by 8pm and I will leave for the airport by 6pm'- Dhruv said looking at me .

' So you mean to say that you won't be there with me on my birthday celebrations tomorrow?'- I asked with an annoyed look.

' Yes and you know how long it has been of me staying here now , I have to get back to work now . My business is waiting for me'- he said with a unpleasant smile on his face .

' Is business.......' – paused I when my inner voice alerted me .

Not a word more than this Ritika , you got to be in your limits he's just your friend , thought I to myself andlooked down to my plate immediately .

' What ?'- asked he .

' Nothing have a safe trip'- I said and walked off the dinner table in a hurry leaving everyone shocked .

' What has happened to her ? I just don't understand this girl these days'- said my mom while I left . I entered my room and locked the door from inside , mom was right ,

What has happened to me ? Why does his existence matter to me so much?, thought I to myself and lay on my bed while our memories kept flashing before my eyes . Though it brought a smile on my face but Anisha's words also kept rolling in my head at the same time and I closed my eyes to avoid thinking about anything else thus switching off all the lights in my room.

------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I got up early as the interview was by 9 am in the morning . Anisha and mom wished me a happy birthday as soon as I woke up and also wished me luck for my interview after which I took a quick bath , got dressed up , had my breakfast and started from home . Mom had told me that Dhruv had left early in the morning to meet someone and hence I left him a message and started for the venue. I took my scooty and reached the venue in half an hour . I was wearing a red legging below a black and red combination of long top with a red colour stole and carried a file containing my certificates . I parked my scooty in the parking lot , entered my name in the visitors book and headed to the reception area . The building of the company was quiet big and gave a classy look inside out which left my jaws open .