CHAPTER-8

DHRUV'S POV :

'Good morning Anisha'- said I after seeing Anisha sitting in the hall.

' Good morning Dhruv'- she replied back with a smile while I sat in the opposite sofa with the newspaper.

' You both returned late last night?'- asked she .

' Yes , we got late in the beach'- replied I with a convincing smile.

'So how did you like our city?'- asked she.

' Beautiful'- I replied and looked into the newspaper again.

'Good morning'- said Ritika placing her hand around my shoulder from behind and immediately Anisha's expression changed . I took her hand off mine and moved aside making some space for her to sit. She sat beside me , in fact much closer to me and I could see Anisha staring us.

' So akka(elder sister) , how was your outing yesterday?'- asked Anisha still staring at me.

' Wonderful , in fact I was missing you'- Ritika said and hugged Anisha instantly and sat by her side. I felt relieved for a minute as now I didn't have to face Anisha's villaneous looks.

' So when are you leaving Dhruv ?'- asked Anisha . I had expected such a question from her after this and hence I was not shocked with her question.

' After Ritika's birthday'- I said lowering my head thus avoiding eye contact with her .

' Awesome, that's a good news'- she replied while Ritika stared at her .

' What?'- asked she after looking at Ritika's angry face.

' I think mom you got to teach this girl some manners of how to talk before guests'- Ritika said looking at her mom.

' And what were you doing ? The good morning part with Dhruv?'- Anisha asked while both sisters kept staring at each other. Ritika remained silent without uttering a word and continued staring.

' Enough you both , can you please stop it and not start the argument again' asked I and moved out of that place .

' Akka(elder sister) I can see that you have started feeling for Dhruv now. And I am warning you to put a full stop now , don't let this feeling grow'- Anisha said and walked off while I kept hearing to their conversation by hiding behind the wall. Ritika was sitting with an upset face , I so wanted to hug her and have her around my arms at that point but I couldn't do it . I stood still behind the wall looking at her , she was stressed out and was in pain.

I have to end all this by tomorrow itself as I can't give you any more pain. I am sorry Ritika , I will do anything to keep you away from any pain , said I to myself .

I turned away unable to watch her like that and Anisha was standing right in front of me staring at me . I avoided eye contact with her instantly .

' I want to talk to you right now. Come to my room'- said she and walked into her room while I hesitated at first but then made up my mind to talk to Anisha.

' May I come in'- asked I knocking her room door.

' Yes Dhruv'- she said in an authoritative tone.

' What happened ? You called me..'- paused I as she turned towards me.

' As if you don't know what is happening , in fact I should ask this to you what is happening?'- asked she in an confused and angry tone.

' I can see my sister falling in love with you and the same I can see in your eyes also. Youassured me that there is nothing between you both? Then what is happening?'- asked she angrily while I remained unanswered with a lowered head .