Chapter Thirteen: Kill the night away (ep 1:10).

I really hope you enjoy this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment! I love you all who read this for joing me on Calla's journey: I owe you big time xD

Lots of love, Indah.

Side Picture: The photograph Stefan gives Calla of Eleanor.

Recap:

And that was the evening we told Bonnie about the vampires in Mystic Falls. It was also the night and we fell into each other’s arms, crying and falling asleep together, cuddled together in Elena’s bed. It was the night I received countless voicemails from Stefan, which I started deleting, after a while even before I had listened to them.

It was the night I had discovered I had an ancestor who was a mirror image of myself. And, strangely enough, it was also the night that I couldn’t care less.

Chapter Thirteen: Kill the night away (ep 1:10).

I groaned in frustration as I crossed out yet another line on the paper. It just doesn’t make any sense, I thought to myself. “Anything you want to share with us, miss Gilbert?” I quickly shoved the piece of paper under my history book and looked up to Alaric. “Nothing. At least nothing that isn’t really involved with what you probably want to talk about,” I responded, smiling broadly.

“Well, then.” Alaric continued his lecture and I let out a sigh. There was no getting it out now, if I didn’t want it at Alaric’s desk, which I for sure wasn’t too keen on. I felt Elena’s eyes burning in my back, but I didn’t turn around. I’d wait for after class, it was too important. I grabbed my notebook and started doodling a little bit.

Without me realising it, suddenly, I was staring at a pair of piercing green eyes. I sighed and folded my drawing inside my notebook. My mind was working like crazy these days. After the impact of the ritual had thawed a bit, I had started grinding through all the information I had. Stefan hadn’t stopped leaving messages on my phone, which I hadn’t stopped ignoring.

I knew that if I would go to Stefan, he’d tell me a lot more than I had been able to find out in the last couple of days, but I felt like that was beneath me. I was the one who was her mirror image, right? Then shouldn’t I be the one to find her? However, I hadn’t come too far.

Then there was this other option, which I didn’t even dare to think about: what if I could talk to her? Given, our last spirit summoning had ended dramatically, which was why I didn’t really take this as an option, but what if I couldn’t really find anything whatsoever? Would it really be possible to talk to her, or at least get a hint as to who she was or had been.

Eleanor, who are you?

The bell rang, ending the period. “Calla, do you have a minute?” I sighed and after having grabbed my bag and books, I walked over to the teacher’s desk. “What’s up Ric?” But I didn’t get a response. Alaric walked up to the door and closed it after everyone had left. “Hello?! I’ve got things to do you know?” I said, getting annoyed.

Apparently oblivious to my speech, Alaric strode back to his desk and grabbed his coffee cup and took a sip. “Look Calla, I just need to be sure,” he said and suddenly threw the beverage in my face. I just had time to close my eyes when my favourite liquid of all time splashed my face. Thank god it had cooled down a bit. But despite the cold, it felt like a stinging nettle thrown right into my face.

I am not a screaming person, believe me, but right there, I wanted to scream like a 13-yearold at a One Direction concert, but I kept calm, strangely enough. I blinked a couple of times and I pursed my lips, swallowing the coffee remains on my lips. And started to choke. “God, you suck at making coffee! What on earth did you  put in there?”  I yelled, spitting out the few drops I hadn’t swallowed yet. “Who do you think you are?”