Chapter Eight: The world as we know it (ep 1.5)

FINALLY A NEW UPLOAD, ENJOY

Chapter Eight: The world as we know it (ep 1.5)

I sat on the couch in the Salvatore Boarding house, holding a glass of (probably pretty expensive) scotch. I needed the alcohol, that was certain. It was 10 AM in the morning and I had been here for three days. I had been sleeping on the couch and had my phone turned off.  I was planning on staying here as long Damon’s wasn’t speaking anymore. I still couldn’t really accept what I had seen during the party. Stefan and I had talked … and talked and I still had so many questions.

I leaned back on the couch and pulled my legs in, sipping my scotch. Stefan came downstairs, still drying his hair. “Morning,” I said absently, as if it was dead normal that the sister of his girlfriend sat on his couch in the morning with a glass of scotch. “Want some?” “Where’d you get that?” “That table over there with all those bottles. Don’t blame me, you put it in the middle of the room.” “True.”

“Did you see … Damon?” “Yes. He still talks and I don’t want you down there. I don’t know how strong he still could be. He’d snap your neck if he got the chance.” “Or drain me dry.” Zach walked  into the room and we stopped the conversation. Zach just blinked twice at me (or my scotch) and walked away without saying anything.

I had spent a long time convincing him I was not a vampire or related to Damon. Apparently he had totally missed the fact that I was born here and have been living here for over sixteen years. “So, what are we gonna do today?” “What’d you think of non-vampire school?” I rolled my eyes. “Urgh. So boring.” Stefan sat down beside me. “How did you do that? Where are you according to Jenna, Elena and such?.”

“Firstly, I am queen of missing classes and never getting punished. Secondly, we miss lots of classes due to the dead history teacher. Thirdly and also finally answering your question: I said I was with Clary. She’s a friend of mine, we used to perform at the Grill together, until she moved away to another town, close to here, but still.” “Perform?” “We sang and I played the guitar. Though, I must admit, she was a better singer.”

I finished my scotch. “Anyway, what are we going to do today? Damon is locked up, you tell Zach to stay out of the basement and we’re fine. Plus: this house bores me.” “Maybe..” Stefan said softly. “Come along.” We walked out of the house and Stefan led the way to the car. The drive to wherever we were going was quiet and peaceful. I spend my time turning my phone on and scrolling through messages and missed calls. 6 missed calls: 6 Elena. 4 new text messages: 3 Elena, 1 Caroline. I deleted all of Elena’s messages, since they were all the same (and she now knew where I was supposed to be) and opened Caroline’s.

Sexy suds carwash tomorrow Calla, you better be there, we’re supposed to run a charity –Caroline.  Short yet powerful. I sighed, which resulted into Stefan turning his head towards me. “What’s wrong?” “Sexy suds carwash. Caroline is always totally freaking out about such events. You’re dead if you don’t come.” I chuckled. “Not that you aren’t already dead.” “Not funny.”  I shrugged. “I thought it was quite good anyway.”

Suddenly, Stefan stopped the car. “What is it?” I asked. “Sorry about the joke. It was bad, I admit, kay?” “We’re already where we should be,” he replied and stepped out of the car. I followed him into the bushes. “The first thing you asked me when you realized what I was – was Damon and I were- , was what had happened between us and Katherine. I never answered that.”

“I wanted to know that, because of Elena. Before I knew, Damon had made it sound like it was so recent. And if you were as old as you claimed to be, it couldn’t be too far away either. How much heartbreak can a seventeen year old guy have experienced?” “You’d be surprized.” I rolled my eyes. “That was rhetorical and I know.” Stefan walked to a stone pillar, half broken, that I hadn’t even noticed.