Chapter Twelve: Tell me, mechanist. (ep 1:9)

A new chapter, I hope you all will enjoy it!

I just wanted to say that this chapter is really important to me as in my personal life, stuff haven't been going great with my family and this chapter helped me writing it off me a little bit or at least distracting me from it. I just wanted to write this as a reminded to myself of how important this chapter was to me this week.

Lots of Love, Indah.

Song: Tell Me Mechanist ~ Delain.

Chapter Twelve: Tell me, mechanist. (ep 1:9)  ~Two weeks later~

I rushed into the kitchen, kicking my muddy running shoes off at the backdoor. Elena was sitting at the dinner table, eating breakfast. When I threw my hair out of my ponytail and picked up my mug of coffee, she looked up. “Morning Calla.” “Morning,” I replied with my mouth full of coffee. “Thanks El, it’s perfect.”
She smiled at me. We had a deal for the last couple of days, she’d make me coffee and get it at a drinkable heat at half past seven and I’d take care of the dishes in the evening. “You’re welcome. I still think you’re insane though.” I rolled my eyes. “No pain no gain, remember?” My alarm clock had been buzzing every morning at six a clock for the last couple of weeks, so that I could get up and do some exercises and some running.

However, it wasn’t because of insecurity about my body or anything: I needed to get stronger. If Lexi could be killed in a snip second, I’d give myself no chance at all. And my snappy comments in a town where supernatural creatures could kill you every second of every day, weren’t really helping me either.

“I’ll go get a shower, I’ll see you in bit,” I said, putting down my mug and I started walking to the stairs. “Well, better hurry up then. We’ve got class first period.”  I blinked a couple times. ‘Ex-cuse me? Please tell me that Tanner didn’t rise from the dead. Please, that’d be a totally terrible joke from the universe.”

Elena’s eyes went wide. “Calla, you’re really that insensitive?! We got a new one. It was in the mail, like one week ago.” “I don’t read mail, you know that as well as I do.”  “Well, better start doing that then, or you’ll be late.” I raced up the stairs, passing Jeremy. “Morning!” I yelled, rushing into Elena’s room and grabbing the first jeans  that I can across.

Ten minutes later, I was good to go and me and Elena were walking outside. Then I was Jer walking few meters away from us. “Jer, care for a ride?” I called out to him. He looked up, surprised. “Sure,” he said and climbed into the backseat. Elena sent me a meaningful glance. “What El?” I asked, raising my eyebrows theatrically. “Nothing,” she replied, smiling.

When we arrived at school, Jer got out and I parked the car. “So Jeremy and you are on suspiciously good terms.” “I guess so. Come on Elena, we don’t wanna be late, do we?” On our way to class, Caroline bumped into us. It was obvious that she was still pissed at Bonnie. “Why are you so mad at her anyway?” Elena asked.

“She's a thief, that's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle.” I rolled my eyes, remembering what Sheila had said about Bonnie’s necklace. “Your necklace? I thought it was Damon’s,” I casually inquired. “O, go to hell Calla. O, your turn,” she said to Elena. “Have you been talking to Stefan?” “He’s ignoring me.”

The bell rang and I quickly took off with Elena. “I’ll talk to you later,” she said to Care. We walked into class and sat down next  to each other. “That girl’s got issues,” I spat. “O, don’t be childish Cal.” I rolled my eyes at Elena. “Tell her that.”