Chapter 1

Me and Augustus were taking a walk in the park one day. We were holding hands and admiring the beautiful day. While we were walking he kept on putting his other hand in his pocket and having a worried look on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked Augustus. "Nothing, I just that I had lost something out of my pocket." 

"What's in your pocket?" I turned away from him and looked at the other side of the park while I waited for him to answer. We were walking then he all of a sudden stopped and let go of my hand. I stopped with him and looked at him. He was kneeling down on one knee with a ring in his hand. "This. This is what is in my pocket." He says as he looks up at me. I took my hands and covered my face. 

"I think you know what I'm dong here." He says with his crooked smile. A tear of joy ran down my face. "Will you marry me, Hazel Grace Lancaster?" I moved my eyes upward so it would look like I was thinking. I looked back down at him and smiled at him. " Okay."  I said. "Okay." He said back with a big smile on his face. He put the ring on my ring finger and then he stood up and hugged me. He kissed me with his soft lips. Once the kiss ended, we continued to hug for about 5 minutes. I was crying tears of joy like crazy. When the hug ended, He grabbed my hand and we continued our walk in the park. 

"I love you, Hazel Grace." Augustus said after a short moment of silence. "I love you too, Gus." We smiled at eachother. He grabbed me and started to kiss me. Of course I kissed back.