e x c u s e s // 24

I cried furiously storming out of the bedroom to gather all my things

This time Harry chased after me, surprisingly.

"God Birdie, what did I do! Just tell me please I'm trying here!" Harry yells yanking my arm towards him.

I wipe away the tears that've fallen from my face. "What do you think that was back there?"

"What? What do you mean you wanted me to―"

"I wanted you to make love to me Harry! I don't want sex, all I want is to be loved. To know that you care about me ― that you're willing to be there for me through whenever."

"I do care about you Birdie, more then anything and you know that."

I shake my head, "No. No I do not know that. I deserve better Harry." I frown,  he stares at me as though I was tearing the walls that he worked so hard to build straight to the ground. " I deserve someone better than you."

"How―" a tear shreds down his glimmering eyes, I almost regret saying the words I said to him but it was the true. "How could you say this to me? Why now? I―I need you Birdie please, I'll do better. Fuck I'll do so much better."

"No Harry you can't, you just can't."

I rush to put on my socks, hearing the taxi I called earlier honking outside impatiently.

I made up my mind to stay with Jackson, I'm sure he'll be happy to see me and let me stay with him.

"You're leaving me? Birdie you have nowhere to go please stay." Harry begs, I've never seen him act this way before and it was breaking me.

"You know, I let myself believe you'll come to love me as much as you loved you're wife ― I've never been so wrong."

"You're not wrong Birdie. It can happen, I can love you more then I've ever loved someone in my life if you just stay here with me― stay by my side."

I smile at him, and he smile back. I'm struck with memories of all the times he's blessed me with seeing such a gorgeous feature.

My how we've come such an long way.

"Just let me go Harry, I can't stay in this city anymore. In this house, with you. I― I need to be time to readjust figure myself out."

I can tell that he was holding back all of his emotions as he slowly lets go of my wrist. I hurriedly grab the rest of my things― which isn't much as he walks me towards the front door.

He pulls me into his arms, holding me in a tight embrace. "I understand, and I'll let you fly free my sweet Birdie."

It's was the sweetest thing he's ever said to me, and in my heart, I'll carry his words forever.

Kissing his cheek, I hold my tears in as I made way towards the yellow vehicle that awaited for me to embark on my new journey.

Once in, I call Jackson on the phone and direct my driver towards the airport.

The destination of a new chapter.

"Of course you can stay with me! I can't wait for us to start over Birdie you're going to love it here. All I need to know is are you ready to fully be with me, to start anew life together as one?" Jackson says through the phone. Unsure of myself, I look out the window of the cab as we pull out onto the street. I see him still standing in the doorway, watching as we grow further apart. I bite my lip, our eyes locking as I speak once more.

"You're the only person that I'll rather be with on this face of this earth, and I only want you."

𝙸𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚊 | "𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛"
𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝟷