Chapter Eight: Blue

A/N (from me, not Grace-Ann): Okay, so, Veronica's homophobic. She doesn't say anything homophobic, just thinks them. I suppose it's not as bad as it could be, but still... Don't read this if you want to avoid this sort of thing. On that note, happy pride!

Anyway, on with the story!

Veronica sat on her couch, laughing at what JD was saying over the phone.

"Hang on, I'm getting another call," Veronica said. When she answered her other call; she knew instantly the person on the other line was Heather McNamara.

"Hey, Veronica, can you come down to the cemetery?"

"Uh, why?"

"Heather and I need you to do something, and be here quickly!"

"Are you guys okay?"

"No time to explain, bye!" Heather hung up the phone.

Veronica was confused, but curious. She went to the cemetery and saw Duke, McNamara, Kurt, and Ram.

"Veronica..." Kurt said. "Could you do me a favor and go on a date with me?"

"Kurt, I'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend."

"No, not an actual date. Just a pretend date. Ram and I aren't exactly out yet..."

"Out?"

"We're dating, Veronica. Please don't tell anyone, we want to keep it a secret."

"If you want to fake date someone, why not Heather and Heather?"

"Duke's a lesbian though."

"Uh, I still can't. I told you I have a boyfriend, and, ya know, 'thou shalt not commit adultery' and all that..."

"Come on, it's not like it's a real date," McNamara said.

Veronica didn't know what to say. This was most definitely against the lord's will, no matter how she looked at it. If she said yes, that would mean technically being an adulterer, and even if it wasn't adultery, she would still be aiding the agenda of their kind...

Veronica finally said, "Okay, but just once."

Kurt said, "Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah, I'm totally fine with it."

"Okay, then. If you're fine with it."

"Y-yeah, totally, uh, I gotta go now, bye!"

"See ya on Monday..."

Veronica was very uncomfortable because of her situation, but she wouldn't dare say anything. Not to them, anyway. Not after the party incident. She couldn't afford any more slip-ups if she wanted to not become a social outcast.