Chapter 15

"No, Ashton, don't you dare-" I squeal as I try to cover my body with a towel as Ashton splashes me with water.
They've been trying to convince me to swim with them, but I couldn't. I wouldn't want to release a gallon of blood into the ocean.
"Come on, Summer, it's fun," Miles, one of Jeremy's best friends, yells, besturing me to come and join them.
Jeremy walks out of the water as the sun making the drops of water dripping from his body glisten.
"Summer, please come swim with us," Jeremy begs, trying to pull me out of our mat.
"Agh, don't touch me! You're wet!" I yelp, trying to shake the salt water off. "And no. I told you, I'm on my period," I whisper.
"You're no fun," Jeremy pouts, crossing his arms.
Well, I really am on my period. But the main reason why I didn't want to get in the water because I couldn't swim.
I couldn't swim for my life.
"Are you sure you're okay out here on your own?" Jeremy asks, staring at the boys who were busy play-fighting with a couple of girls they met here on the beach.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I chuckle. "Go ahead and play with your friends."
"But this was supposed to be our date!" he whines. "You're supposed to hang out with me, not text with Megan all day."
"I'm not swimming," I say firmly, picking up my phone again, but he takes it away from me swiftly.
"No," he says. "Come. Let's get some ice cream."
I nod hesitantly because I wanted ice cream but I didn't want to get up.
"Well?" he asks.
"Okay, okay," I groan, grabbing my purse.
Jeremy heads to the shore and tells the boys that we were gonna get ice cream.
And yes, the boys are nice. Actually nicer than I expected them to be. They didn't seem arrogant or anything, except for Ashton. But at least he was arrogant in the best way possible, and quite adorable too.
Jeremy leads me to the ice cream shop while I put my playlist on shuffle.
"Are you really okay?" he asks me when we get there.
"Yeah, why'd you ask?"
"You seemed a bit... off," he mutters.
"I'm okay," I smile. "Thank you for asking."
I take a seat on a table for two, while Jeremy orders. I didn't even bother telling him what I wanted. Whatever flavor it is, ice cream is still ice cream.
He takes a seat after a while, handing me a bowl of cookie dough flavored ice cream, as he licks his chocolate ice cream cone.
"How did you know my favorite?" I ask, spooning ice cream into my mouth.
"I saw Susan buy pints of this stuff when I helped her with the groceries," he chuckles. "I figured they were for you."
He pauses for awhile.
"Now tell me," he smiles slyly. "Why don't you really want to get in the water?"
"What?" I think I'm actually having palpitations.
"You heard me."
"I'm on my period, dumbass."
"Okay then," he says nonchalantly, dropping the topic. Good. "What do you think of the boys?"
"Yeah, I think Alex is pretty cool, although I have a little trouble telling which twin is which," I grin. "I bet we'd all get along pretty well."
Jeremy smiles.
"That's great," he says. "Well, Miles is the quiet one who gets the girls. Alex is the peppy one who gets the girls and the guys."
I let out a small gasp.
"Yes," Jeremy replies, confirming my thoughts. "He's bi. And he's mostly interested in men."
"Great," I smile, not knowing what else to say. "He can enter my room whenever he wants."
"If I told you I were bisexual, could I enter your room too?" he winks.
"Nope," I say nonchalantly. popping the p. "I'm pretty sure you're a guy. And besides, even if I tell you not to enter my room, you do it anyways."
"Damn."
"What?"
"You're really... something."
"Shut up," I grunt, tossing a spoon of ice cream to his face.
"Someone's got their ponytail on a little too tight," he chuckles. I stare at the boys as they shove each other into the water and pick up more girls. There's just something about them that's doesn't make them like Eli. Maybe it was just because those girls weren't me.
"Jeremy!" a voice says. A blonde struts down towards our table and smiles.
"You must be Summer," she smiles broadly. Her voice sounded sly. Rough but elegant. Slow but sure. If a cat could talk, it would have her voice.
I could see Jeremy facepalming out of the corner of my eye.
"Jeremy has told me all about you."