Chapter 7

Please excuse the stupid typos :( I really don't have time to proofread, but I promise I will(:

~

I wake up at around 6 in the morning, and the sun still hasn't risen.

It was hard to get used to this, because back in New Jersey, the sun rose at around 6 A.M., give or take a few minutes.

I wash my face and brush my teeth, then head downstairs.

I was so restless. I practically didn't even sleep tonight.

I check the cupboard for cereal, and I found something even better: instant noodles.

You know, the ones in those cute tiny cups then you put hot water and seasoning and tastes as awesome as hell.

Mom doesn't buy those since they're "unhealthy".

I start filling the kettle with water then bring it to the stove to boil.

Well, I brought it to the stove because I was planning to boil it, but I didn't know how to use Dad's electric stove.

Fancy lawyers and their stupid high tech trinkets.

"What do you think you're doing?" a voice says behind me.

I turn around swiftly, and when I realized that I was a few inches away from Jeremy, I wanted to turn back around.

"I- I don't know how to- uhh, to turn this thing on," I say sheepishly.

"What are you gonna cook?" he asks, folding his arms over his bare chest.

"Water," I mutter, looking at my toes.

"Fried or roasted?" he smirks, arching his eyebrow. "You know, there's an electric water heater over there."

Very funny.

"I meant I wanted to boil water," I reply, scowling at him. "I wanna make these instant ramen thingies. And I want to do it my way, not all techy-techy."

He looks at me, his eyes filled with surprise.

"You don't have these Cup Noodles where you live?"

I don't live in the 1800s, stupid.

"No, genius. We have unicorn meat instead," I snap at him.

He blinks a couple of times, with a look of doubt in his eyes.

"I've asked my dad to buy me unicorn meat when I was a kid. He always said there was no such thing," he whispers quietly.

My jaw dropped so low, it almost hit the ground.

He laughs obnoxiously, but I admit it sounded like music.

"I'm kidding, Summer," he says, winking at me. "Good morning."

I fill a large cup of glass with tap water and hand it to Jeremy.

"Here," I say, placing it in his grasp. "Water. Boil it."

Now, it's his turn to scowl.

"Don't treat me like a kid," he says.

I sigh heavily.

"Just teach me how to turn this thing on," I say.

He twists the knob thingy and orders me to place the kettle on top of the blue circle.

"Wait for it to boil," he smirks at me.

"Thank you," I smile. "Now, go and do whatever you were gonna do."