First Meeting - Revised 3/27/2014

Thanks to everyone who has added this story to their reading list and those who voted. I appreciate all the comments I have received. Here is the revision for Chapter Three – First Meeting. With the revisions I made to this chapter I will need to take down Chapter Four – My BFF Is Back. I do not want to confuse my readers, so I felt it would be for the best. In the meantime expect Chapter Four revisions to be up in the next two weeks. I know I have been up-dating much faster than I expected, but my creative juices are flowing. Enjoy!

***************

Angels POV

“Angel….Angel….Ms. Royal! Did you hear me?” the secretary shouted. I was so focused on my thoughts there was no telling what she had said.

Not wanting to be rude I turned from the window, faced her and answered honestly. “No….to your question. However, if you repeat yourself I will give you my undivided attention.”

In a clipped voice she repeated herself, “I said…..Principle Black has a conference call. He is unable to speak with you. Now if your done wasting valuable time here's your schedule, locker number with combination and ID. In future I would suggest that you pay attention and quit day dreaming.”

I guess she didn’t like repeating herself. Most she-wolves tend to get a bit ornery when they do. From her posture I could tell she thought I was purposely ignoring her. Unfortunate for her the predator in me did not appreciate her snippiness. 

Now I could let that snip go, however being a Female Alpha I couldn't. Not just any wolf can speak to me in such a manner. As I have been taught any sign off weakness can deem me as weak. Me letting it slip could be deemed as weakness by the she-wolf in front of me. I may be many things but weak isn't one of them. 

“I truly didn’t mean to ignore you Mrs.?” I said in the most innocent voice I could possibly mimic. Her reactions to my voice will show me what she thought of me.

Some she-wolves are naturally bitchy and being nice isn't easy for them. It's in their nature to be that way. Some use bitchiness as a disguise to see what they can get away with. Others are just straight out mean and are true bitches. Me, I am what my Papa would call a calculating bitch that waits, observes and strikes.

“Mrs. Jones and don't you forget it!” she snapped.

From the sneer and her now cocky stature it was obvious that she thought I was some weak female. She thought she was putting me in my place, interesting. I guess I will have to set the record straight and let her know where my place is.

Putting my head down, I continued with the sweet innocent façade. “Right– Mrs. Jones, I was lost in my own thoughts. This whole idea of attending high school and behaving like teens my age is a bit– overwhelming. I don’t have any friends that are– my age. They’re like you”, I paused then looked her in the eyes and said, “Old”.

Her smile face faltered when I said old. By all means she wasn’t old maybe in her late twenties. Nevertheless having a teenager such as me labeling her as– old would definitely hurt her self-esteem. I’m no Omega, nor a regular pack mate. That little snip she gave me could have cost her a lot more than a jibe to her age.

Obviously she didn't like my jibe because she was now baring her fangs at me. Sauntering my way towards her desk I locked eyes onto her. She refused to look away and thought she could intimidate me. The predator in me now looked at her as prey. Something that needed to be reminded exactly how the hierarchy is run. A growl emanated deep in my throat warning all that was near to submit or face the consequences.

“My things” I growled when I stood in front of her.  

She looked away, then handed me two sheets of paper and my student ID. She kept her head down as I reached for it. Smart lady she knew when to back down.