~ Chapter 4 ~

~ Chapter 4 ~ 

The week went by quickly and Friday rolled along faster than you could say peanut butter. Ash was finally back to normal, (thank god! I was about to slap that kid with baloney if he didn't get it together!) and we hung out together like usual. Tami came over Friday at 5 since the party was at 8. Apparently, girls need to take 3 freakin hours to get dressed. After much argument at school that day Tami somehow convinced me to start getting ready at five. So here I am sitting on my bathroon stool while Tami straightened my hair to perfection. 

"Tami, this hurts!" I said after about fifteen minutes. 

"Just suck it up and let me do your dang hair!" she said.

"Sheesh you didn't have to be so mean about it" I said while crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Sorry, I just want to make you look great tonight. Kind of like a 3 hour total transformation! Like how they make those really ugly girls pretty!" she said while smiling. 

"Well that didn't make me feel any better," I said.

"Sorry. I mean your really pretty anyways without all of this,"

"Sure," I mumbled, while Tami just shook her head. When she finally finished straightening my hair with that death machine, or the so called 'straightener' , she did my make up. This took about another hour and a half until I finally put on my dress and my heels. 

"Okay! Your finally done, now look in the mirror!" I looked in the mirror and gasped silently. There was no way that this was ME. I mean , if I have to say so myself, I looked pretty hot! My hair felt like silk while my makeup was done with perfection. The black eyeliner made my eyes look bigger and showed how green my eyes really were. I was also wearing clear contacts as well. No square glasses today! Tami looked beautiful in her one shoulder pink dress with glitter at the bottom and her pink shoes. It hugged her body perfectly like the dress was made for her. Her hair was long and curly. 

"You look gorgeous!" We said at the same exact time. We started laughing and headed out the door. I said bye to my mom and assured her that I would be back by my curfew ; 1:00 am. My mom was comfortable with this curfew and I was stayed true to it. When we headed out the only thing I was thinking was ;

 Damn! I look good for a nerd. 

In the car, Tami and started laughing, singing, and talking. We got out of the car and the house was already lit up with lights and surrounded with drunk people and others throwing up. As me and Tami walked up the steps Tami had a confident stride while I was just stumbling on my own two feet because of these stupid shoes. But when we entered, I finally got the hang of it and I felt like a pro! I walked into the house confidently with Tami. We continued our confident stride towards our group of friends. Everyone stared at me like I was a whole different person. I heard some whispers like , 

'Is that girl new, she's hot!'

'Damn, that chick is smokin'

'That girl is a total slut, who would like her?'

'Who is she?' 

Okay, so I understand that I dressed differently to this party, but come on, who is she? Really? Did I look that different? While we were walking through the crowd who were still staring at me, some dude almost grabbed my ass but I grabbed his hand before he could. 

"A little too far, buddy," I said seriously. 

"Hmm fiesty, I like them fiesty," 

"Why don't you find another desperate girl that can fill your fiesty needs, k?" I walked away with Tami while she was smiling at me.