Chapter 19 - Why I did that?

*Peeta's POV*

The doctor told me that I had to stay a little more because they have some vaccines that will help my flashbacks shut down faster. I really dont know If they will work but Ill give it a try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~

(One week later)

The doctor told me that the vaccines attached well to my body, the only problem is that I will have nightmares more often. But I prefer a thousand times having nightmares than a flashback. At least my nightmares wont turn me into a mutt that tries to kill the love of my life.

I can go home now so I decide to surprise Katniss. When I called her last night, I told her that I still had a few more days here. I know she misses me. I miss her too. This has been tough for me and for her, but Ill finally have her in my arms tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The train arrives at 8:00㏘ to District 12. I quickly get out of the train and run to our house. I look for the keys in my backpack and open the door.

When I open the door, my jaw drops. Gale was sitting on my couch kissing my girl. And the worst part is that my girl was kissing back.

I drop the keys,still in shock. They stop kissing the moment the keys touch the floor. She looks at me inmediately. I can see the pain in Katniss's eyes.

-"Peeta, I can explain", Katniss says. Gale turns around, now facing me.

-"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!", I yell at Gale. Probably the whole neighborhood could have heard my yells.

-"Peeta...", Katniss whispers with tears in her eyes.

-"OUT NOW!", I yell again louder and Gale leaves, shuting the door behind him.

Katniss, still sitting on the couch, stares at me with tears while sobbing.

-"Peeta...", Katniss  whispers.

-"What?!", I yell at her now. I hate yelling at Katniss but she was kissing other guy. His really hot bestfriend who has a crush on her.

-"Dont yell at me", she says.

-"Oh yeah, because I should be happy that when I get home my girlfriend is making out with his friend",,I say sarcastically but holding back my tears.

-"Peeta please, let me explain", she cries.

-"Explain what?", I ask as I grab my things and  I walk toward the guestroom. She follows me as I enter the room. She stays in silence while I take out some clothes from my backpack.

-"Would you mind?I need to get dressed",I say. She nods and walks away.

*Katniss POV*

-"Would you mind? I need to get dressed",he says. I nod and walk away.

He is really mad. And sad. And broken. He never asks me to leave while he changes.

I would be pretty mad too if I saw Peeta kissing another girl. But I know he wouldnt do that. Why did I had to kiss Gale? I dont have feelings for him so why did I did that?.

I walk upstairs and lay on my bed, crying my eyes out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dont remember when I feel asleep, but I wake up in my bed, still sobbing. I go downstairs and Peeta is cooking. I wanna go hug him, but I cant. He is really broken, so I sit on the chair.

-"Goodmorning", I say. He doesnt reply. He just puts my plate in the table and he takes his with him and walks away to the guestroom.

I rest my head on the table and cry. Why did I had to kiss Gale?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up. Peeta hasn't talk to me at all. He still sleeps in the guestroom. I guess he wants to keep an eye on me in case another guy comes and I make out with him.

I go downstairs and my breakfast is already set in the table but Peeta is nowhere to be found. I walk toward his room and I hear the shower. He is probably taking a bath.

I open the door of the guestroom and the bathroom door is closed. I knock. Wait. I knock again. Wait. I think he might be avoiding me.

-"Peeta, thanks for the breakfast. You shouldn't have bothered", I say louder enough for him to hear even though the water is running.

Nothing. He doesnt reply. Like Im not even there. I turn around, now facing the room. He has a big mess, I mean he hasnt leave the room in four days.

I walk toward the desk and I see sketchs everywhere. I keep looking and I see a sketch of someone just like me. I feel like a tornado of butterflies in my stomach. He draw me even though he is mad at me.

Then I see this drawing that catches my eye. This man and this woman playing in the meadow with a girl and a toddler boy. Then I realize that the woman is me and the man is him. And that the kids are our children. I let a tear fall. Is he imagine a family with me now, even though we're mas at each other?

<<You could live a hundred lifetimes and never deserve that boy>> , those words will stay in my mind forever and appear in the worst moments.

I hear the shower stop. Peeta will be out anytime. I let the drawing again in the desk.

As I walk toward the door, I see one of his shirts in the floor. I pick it up and breath the scent. His scent. I press it on my chest and tears start to fall from my eyes.

I quickly leave the room because Peeta is probably done now. I dont want him to see me like this.I know if I see him now, Ill run toward his arms, begging for him. His kisses. His touches. His words. Him.

I run and close the door behind me. Then I start to cry, uncontrollably.

And that's when I realize,I need my boy with the bread more than ever.

◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥

◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣

Sorry for the short chapter. Hope you like it. I may or may not post tommorrow. I haven't finished writing the next chapter.✔

Whatever, THANK YOU guys for 500+ reads & 50+ votes. I love you guys so much¡!

Love,

ツ─LC