Chapter 32 - Completely changed yet the same

*Katniss POV*

So everyone agreed on helping us with the wedding. They were a little shocked by the fact that there's only a week and 6 days to plan everything, but we can work with that. After everybody left and agreed that we will meet at our house tomorrow for the details, Peeta and I washed the dishes.

-"We need to go tell Haymitch", Peeta says a little down after we finish with the last plate. "He has been kind of alone this past days"

Alone this past days? He has been alone all his life

-"Then we should go now, maybe he can help too", I say

-"Yeah, maybe"

-"Baby, what's wrong?", I ask as I stroke his back. He has his head down, looking at the floor.

-"Peeta..."

-"You know how my mom used to beat me and my brothers?", he says in a shaky tone and I nod. " Well, my brothers and I user to talk about it when we were alone...", he stops and sighs, still with his head down. I keep stroking his back and kiss his shoulder.

-"I remember talking about our weddings and I saying that I was gonna marry you one day. My brothers would laugh at me because we never actually had talked before. And I remember saying that the day I would get married I was gonna go to my mom and show her that I did it. That somebody actually loved me. And talking about when I had a kid, telling her and showing her that I am not as useless in life as she said I was... And now...", he stops and I see tears in the corner of his eyes and starts to sob lightly. It kills me to see him like this. I feel tears starting to form in my eyes too.

-"They are all dead...you know... She wasn't the best mother... And my brothers were pretty nice with me... We actually got along really well... And my dad was the best", he smiles through the tears. " He is the one that taught me every thing I am today"

And they are all dead. Because of me. Peeta is crying. Peeta is fucking crying because of his dead family. The family I basically killed.

-"Peeta...", I whisper

-"No. Its stupid actually", he says raising his head while drying his tears. "I shouldn't be crying"

-"Why not? It was your family, your whole family and I basically killed them..", I say as the tears start to roll down my cheeks.

-"No, no Katniss. You didn't killed them. Its not your fault", he says cupping my face in his hands and kissing me briefly.

-"Then whose fault is it?", I say

-"If only one of us had lived in that arena, they wouldn't have made us go again and nothing would have happened. Its not anybody's fault", hes the one calming me now.

-"Baby, why al i even here, like why am I alive and happy when everybody knows I'm the other that has caused all the pain. Why am I alive, and not Prim, Madge or your brothers? Why am I the one who had to live?", I say in a shaky tone from my crying. Now he's the one comforting me. And it always goes like this. We are just to weak to even try to comfort each other without the other one also crying.

-"Katniss, you are alive because you have fought with the death many time and you have won every time. You have done so much and saved so many people. Don't ever think you should be dead okay?", he says and I nod. He kisses me softly and I relax. He  always makes me feel better about everything that is happening.

-"Wanna stay and call Haymitch to come?", he asks me

-"No, it will be good to take a walk, clear off my mind", I say as I dry my tears. He kisses my head and interwines his fingers with mine as we walk outside the house.

Peeta tries to open Haymutch's front door is locked, which is strange. He never locked his door, maybe he's starting to actually realize he should lock it for his own protection.

So we just knock on the door and moments later, a new Haymitch opens the door. This new Haymitch has taken a bath, cutted his hair a little and is actually sober.

-"Oh hey guys, come on in", he nicely says. I look at Peeta astonish and he looks back the same way. Inside the house, his smelly living room is now clean and looks actually cozzy.

-"Haymitch, what has happ...", Peeta asks but stops as someone walks down the stairs. And when I saw who it was, I couldn't keep my tears from the emotion

Effie. Same sassy Effie walks into the room.

-"Haymitch, I left in the hall some things that you should definitely throw away..", suddenly she looks at us and I run to hug her. She's not wearing any wigs nor the extravagant costumes she used to wear. Instead, she has her natural blond hair falling down her shoulders. She looks prettier than I've ever seen her.

-"God Katniss", she says as she hugs me. "I've missed you all so much, been alone in 13 with all those horrifying jumpsuits everyday, I just can't. It was certainly not fun", I laugh. She may have quitted all her costumes and stuff but her perky and strict personality will never fade. And that's what we need now, some happy soul which will transmit us their happiness.

------------------------------------
Hey guys
Sorry for the late update but I've been really busy and having a lot of family issues and stuff.
Anyways, I'll try to post next chapter in the weekend so yeah
Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked the chapter.
Also the story is almost 50k reads!!! It is nuts!!
Love y'all
-LC