Chapter 12 - Long night

*Katniss POV*

I dont know what they are talking about, but he has been gone at least two hours. I dont think I should go check on him. After all he is only at Haymitch's.

I am watching tv in his room when I hear the main door open. I jump off the bed, run downstairs and I see he's sobbing. Something is wrong. I go and hig him.

-"What's wrong?", I ask patting his back.

-"I need to tell you something", he says.

We walk to the living room and sit in the couch.

-"I talked to my doctor.He called me but I was at your house so he called Haymitch. He told him that my nightmares are getting from bad to worse. I have to see the doctor Tuesday, I call him and he says that I shouldnt be with you until I see him first. For our best"

I start to cry. Thats it. I have been strong  for so much time. I can see the pain in his beautiful blue eyes.

-"You cant leave me, we will get through them together. I dont care. I promise.

He hugs me tightly.I know he is also hurt.

-"It would be 4 days. And Im just gonna be at my house. Nothing bad will happen to me not to you. I dont wanna leave when I finally have you, but I dont wanna hurt you. And I love you", he says.

I kiss him softly. I love when he says romantic things to me.

-"Love you more, sorry it took me so long to realize it" I reply after the kiss.

-" Im not so sure about that", he laughs and hugs me.

-"Guees Ill see you in four days", he says.

-"Can I go with you to the doctor?", I ask hoping he would say yes.

-"Im sorry hun, but you cant, I wish you could", he says and I a tear falls from my eye" Dont cry please. We can talk on the phone", he says as he cups my face with his hands and gives me a kiss in the forehead.

Then he walks me out.

-" I will call you", I say before I leave.

-"Love you", he says and I throw him a kiss.

Then he closes the door and I run to my house.

Once I enter to my house, the phone is already ringing.

-"Hey",I say when I answer the phone.

-"Hey, miss you already", he says.

-"We will be okay. We have been worse.Besides we can talk on the phone", I try to convince myself.

-"Yeah, I guess. And tommorrow I have to go give the workers the money", he sighs.

-"Peeta, whats wrong?", I ask, already knowing what is bothering him. He is sad.

-"I wanna be with you. Once I finally have you here with me after 12 years... Maybe its destiny that doesnt want us together...", I stop him.

-"We are meant to be okay? I dont care if you have a prosthetic leg or that your flashbacks are getting worse. I want you and I need you just the way you are okay?

-"Katniss... I waited my whole life for you to love me, ever since the first day of school, when I was only 5 I knew I was a goner. When I tossed you that bread instead of going out to the rain and give it to you or take you to my house and help you. When they called your sister and you volunteer I was broken. Then when they called mine, I knew that one comes out and I was gonna protect you. I wasnt gonna let you die. Then all the star-crossed-lovers thing and when we pretend to get married it was all an act but I was deeply hurt. You were acting like you loved me. Then in the beach I thought I finally had you but then we didnt met at midnight. When Snow destroyed 12, killed my family and hijacked my mind I thought... ... You know... It was the end. My life ending as an act. But at least you were safe with your mom, with your sister, with Gale. At least you could start a family with him. After all, I was always invisible for you. Those where my last thoughts before they hijacked me. And know, even thought is not perfect, this is what I always wanted. I know I was wrong. I do have a chance with you. A chance to love you. To make you happy, to start a family. And Im the luckiest man on Earth to have you. You know that you are my life Katniss, if you die, there would be nothing left of me. You are all I think when I wake up by your side and my last thought when I go to sleep with you, I love you"

I know he is trying the hardest not to cry. I know him too well. Meanwhile Im crying my eyes out. He is so sweet and I love him so much.

-"I...",I cry, "I dont know what to say... Haymitch... he once told me that... that I could live a hundred lifetimes...and still not deserve you..."

-"Look at the window", he says. I walk to the window and he is looking at me through his window, with his eyes buffed from crying.

-"Now we can hear and see each other. Okay? And forget what Haymitch said. You risked your life many times to save mine and Im entirely grateful for that", he says.

-"Shut up, you are making me cry again", I say playfully and then he laughs and I do the same, "Thank you for everything, and I love you for that"

◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥◤◥

◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣◢◣

Long chapter. What do you guys think?

Thanks for 137 reads!!

love you all,

ツ─LC