Chapter 11

WINONA'S POV

"Bye, Winona." Vivian waves her hand at me as she stands from her desk and run out the classroom. I smile and wave my hand goodbye.

At the same time, my phone chimes, indicating a text message. I stop organizing my bag and pick the phone from my skirt pocket. I read the message and grin. It was from Darren. He texted me that he just arrived on front of the candy shop where we'll be meeting. This will be the second time we'll be going out together. The first when we had coffee the other day. I quickly reply and tell him to wait for me. After sending the reply, I put all my stuff in my bag, zip it close, and slip it on so I can just go already. I'm kinda excited since it's my first... well second... time to be asked out.

"Winona." I turn to see Patrice. She's also ready to go home.

"Yes?"

"Mr. Samson was asking for Darren a while ago but he was absent. Could you tell him that Mr. Samson needs to talk to him?" Patrice asks me with a smile. Patricia, who was behind Patrice, waves her hand at me and I just smile.

"Uh sure." I mutter. Patrice nods then the two leaves the classroom.

I sigh. Though I will be meeting Darren later, I don't know what's the reason why he was absent. He isn't sick at all, nor he has family issues to deal with. I know it's wrong to be thinking bad about him but sometimes my mind just keeps on picturing him killing people. But I know Darren wouldn't do that because he's not that kind of person. Hopefully.

I look around and watch as my other classmates prepare to leave the room. I realized I still haven't talked to most of them. Just Vivian and Darren, sometimes Patrice or Nicole. I think I'll be more active in making new friends from now on. From my previous school, I was invisible but if I want to change that I should step out. I don't want to be ignored so I should be confident to talk to others, specially the quiet ones.

"Try Michaels Academy."

Her voice suddenly echoes in my mind. My body tenses and my heart pounds that I just stand there staring at the blank air. Until now, I still can't believe that it was Ms. Sullivan who suggested me Michaels Academy. She was the indirect reason why I chose Michaels Academy. I don't really hate the school but because of the weird stuff happening I just couldn't have the normal life I wanted... even if it were a delusion I make for myself.

I know I have a connection with all this. Ms. Sullivan suggested me Michaels Academy. Normally, it is common for a teacher to be proud of her school. But with Ms. Sullivan, it was different. She had a smile that day that was different from what she said. It's like a smile you see when a person is planning something sinister for you. When she died for an unknown reason and the students she was supposed to be handling in her class died as well, it gives off something. Like a pattern of some sort. Anyone who is involved in class 4-A are connected. As long as it is connected, something is going to happen. However, that changed when I transferred. Lance and Celeste, themselves, told me that I am not part of it, and probably I am not part of that connection. Maybe that was the it they were talking about? I'm still not sure. Now that Ms. Sullivan is dead, there is a high chance that no one knows she was the one who gave me the idea of this school. Some puzzle pieces are already building but it's still small. I have to learn more.

"Ms. Stone." I come back to reality when Mr. Samson steps in the classroom with his backpack. He looks like a young college student. I notice that I am the only person left here in the classroom. Looks like they all left already without me knowing. Mr. Samson then asks me. "Aren't you going home yet?"

"I will. I was just fixing my things." I answer. "How about you, sir?"

"Me?" I notice the tension in his voice. "I... er... will be doing something important here."