Chapter 5

ABIGAIL'S POV

"Winona..." I turn to see Vivian comforting her friend as they can't stop crying.

Another from our class is dead. This time, it's not an accident or suicide but it's murder. A brutal murder. Everyone's scared and nervous because of what had happened. I can't stop my heart from beating so fast because of my nervousness. This is not a prank anymore. It's a serious matter.

"Darren is fine. He just needs rest." I hear Jonathan tells to Winona and Vivian.

After Kevin's body was found, we were told to gather back in our classroom, though some of us are not here. Darren is in the clinic after he had a breakdown from his best friend's death. I still don't know why we're still here and they won't let us go home yet. But Patrice said that Mr. Samson will get back for an important announcement.

The teachers were called for an emergency meeting while the police clean up Kevin's body. I can't stop thinking why is that no one from the authority is asking questions to the staff, students, or even Mr. Michaels.

"First Ariana, then Jennifer. Now it was Kevin..." June says. Everyone quiets down and looks at her. "Do you think that more in our class will die?"

"Stop it, June." I tell her. "Don't be ridiculous."

"But June has a point." Harry says as he stands up.

"There might be more in our class who's gonna die." Drake states. "Three are dead already. Isn't that enough evidence that this is not fairly coincidence?"

"An accident, a suicide, and a murder are different, Drake." I tell him. I face the whole class and put my hand on my waist and raise my eyebrow. "Surely you know what are their differences. Nothing weird is happening. No one is going to die. It so just happen that one was clumsy enough to get killed, one was emotionally damaged, and one was a victim of a murder. It's all explainable."

"You seem smart enough to think of something as stupid as that." Zach sarcastically says. That asshole?!"If it's explainable, please tell us why is that everything is happening only in our class?"

Everyone starts to whisper and I stand there completely quiet and unknowing to what to think. Some of them are suggesting ridiculous conclusions while others are very concerned on what is going to happen to all of us.

"It's a matter of coincidence." I speak and everyone looks at me. "Everything happened because of these consecutive coincidences."

"But Abigail, it's impossible for that kind of coincidence to happen. If you look at it, deaths from an accident, suicide, and murder occurring in the same week and in the same class is highly off the charts of coincidences." Patrice says.

"Unless..." We look at the one who speak. It was Winona. "Everything was planned to be happening in our class."

Everyone starts to whisper at each other again and it causes more tension inside the classroom. I frown. Everybody is just making everything complicated. Everything was most specially not planned. Everything was mere coincidence. But then, why do I feel nervous? Why do I feel shaky? Why do I feel afraid?

"Planned?" I mock. Nothing is happening, we're just faced with a coincidence. "Did you hear what you just said?! That is by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Tell me, if everything was planned, who did it and what's the motive for doing this?"

"Why? Are you listening to what you just said?" Kenneth states. He approaches me and stand face-to-face with his hands in his pockets. He has a mocking grin that irritates me so much. "You know, Abi, you are becoming ridiculous yourself. You stand and rant that everything is just a mere coincidence. You call three deaths in one week in the same class a coincidence? Bullshit."