Chapter 1

This book is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

--------------------

WINONA'S POV

I hope everything is gonna be normal...

I sigh with my eyes closed as I walk in through the gates of the prestigious school, Michaels Academy. The school is the most successful and most prominent in the country for its reputation of molding the best students. I transferred here because of my parents' work. Yes, I'll be spending my senior year in this enigmatic school.

Popular it may be, I'm pretty sure the school and the students here are as normal as the usual high school I had seen. Somehow.

"Oh look, a newbie." I hear one of the girls in the hallway whisper as they look at me from top to bottom.

I don't know what to feel whether to be embarrassed of my looks or to be flattered since they're talking about me. Either way, I just ignore them. People will judge you, may it be positive or negative. If you are happy to hear positive feedbacks, you should be ready for negative ones. I am invisible so I seldom get feedbacks. If you're invisible, no one will care for you. That's what I learned from my past school and I want to change that here.

I sigh, once again, and look for my classroom before the morning bell rings. I check the hallways and the floors that corresponds with my classroom but I think I'm lost. I look at the time on my wrist watch and it says here I've got fifteen-minutes before the morning bell rings. Great. And here I thought I could handle this without any help.

The number of students in the hallway are decreasing and it's making me anxious. Soon, I'll be left alone here and that's bad. I have to ask help. Before I could climb the stairs, I turn around to see a tall dude (well he's kinda 2-inch taller than me) walking towards my way and he's focused with his phone. I'm having second thoughts whether to ask help from him, since I'm so shy to interrupt him.

"E-excuse me?" I squeak when he pass by me and starts with the stairs. Obviously he didn't hear me.

"Uhm, excuse me?" I make my voice clearer. He stops, turns around, and looks at me.

"Do you need anything?" He asks as he pockets his phone and goes down to me.

Phew. Thank god he's not a snob.

"I'm new here and I'm lost." I say with an embarrassing smile. "I wonder if you could help me with my classroom... if you don't mind."

He curves a cute smile. "Sure. What's your room number?"

"201."

He grins. "201? I'm headed there, too. Then that means we're classmates."

"Are you sure?" A smile suddenly forms to my lips. Yes! Am I lucky or what?

"Yes." He bites his lower lip. "And we're running late."

"Oh! Then lead the way." I tell him.

We take the stairs and climb up to the second floor. I hear him exhale when we reach the floor. He glances at me and curves his lips again. We turn to the right hallway and walk through it.

"The classroom in the end of this hall is room 201." He explains. "Beside it is 202, then the next is 203..."

"I get it." I chuckle.

"So you wouldn't get lost again the next time you're alone." He grins. "The first floors are always in 100s, the second floor is 200s, and so on."

"Great." I'm so stupid. Why didn't I get that a while ago?