Chap 12 -Snowball Effect

Okay Guys,

So, this has been the shittiest month I have had in a VERY long time!

I want to say THANK YOU  to EVERYONE! To my new fans, that I haven't yet thanked, to my old fans who are still with me, to my voters, to my commenters (Ya'll make my day), to the silent readers, all of you guys are AWESOME!

I have dedicated this chap to my beautiful cousin Lana, who is writting a One Direction Fan Fic, so if you love the boys... go read her stuff! :)

This one's only short, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be uploading more soon! Especially since I'm feeling like she'll be meeting her dad for the first time VERY soon :)

Right! Am Gonna shut up now...............  ON WITH THE STORY!!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heaving an almost defeated sigh, I push away from my desk and stand from my chair. Snapping from his thoughts, Mason gives me a questioning look as he watches me stretch out my aching body.

Looking him dead in the eyes, I tell him “Call a pack meeting. I want everyone there in five minutes” Before I leave my office and head for my room, where the relief of a hot shower and clean clothes call to me; whispering sweet promises of an escape and comfort: for five minutes at least.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bracing my hands against the wall of the shower, I let the hot water pound against my back, washing away the stress my shoulders have been carrying for too long.

How could everything go so wrong, so quickly?

After my fingers and toes began to wrinkle, I decided it was time to get out and go face my family with a decision that could quite easily destroy everything we have worked so hard for.

As I stepped from the shower and wrapped myself in my towel, I began to feel, off balance of sorts; my head began to spin and my ears began to ring, throwing my co-ordination out the window. Stumbling from my bathroom into my bedroom, I headed straight for my draws, pulling out the first things I layed my hands on. Yanking on my jeans and shirt, I continued to try and shake this unsettling dizzyness.

Pulling my shirt over my head as my wolf and I continued to try and figure out where this feeling was coming from, it finally clicked and I bolted from my room with only one arm in it's sleeve; not caring about who would see my plain, black, lace bra. The only thing I had on my mind was Mason.

"MASON" I roared as panic began to bubble up from the pit of my stomach and my legs were not taking me to him fast enough, I knew where he was, I knew where the entire pack would be, but I just couldn't get there fast enough.

"MASON" I roared again as I stuffed my arm through the last sleeve of my shirt and bolted down the last flight of stairs. Looking up, I spotted him running from where I knew he would be "WHERE IS SHE?" I bellowed before he even realised I was on the stairs. I watched as the pack began to file out of the theater where they had been waiting, before my eyes fell back apon Mason as I awaited his answer.

"She, I, Who?" He breathed out as his panick left him and confusion replaced it

"MY MUM" I roared as I tried to continue down the steps, stumbling every couple of steps, forcing Mason to grab my arm and steady me as I reached the bottom.

"Kay-lee, are you alright? What's going on?" Mason asked, concern clouding his features and his words as he looked me over for any obvious injury.

Snatching my arm from his grasp, I swayed slightly before using both hands to grab him by the collar of his shirt and pulling him so his nose was only centemeters from my own, before I ground out throught clenched teeth "Where. The. Fuck. Is. My. MUM!"

"She went on her buisness trip, remember?" He asked, still clearly confused

"Who did you send after her? How long has it been since they checked in? Did they tell you where she was headed? TELL ME DAMN IT!" I questioned and yelled as I shook him back and forth

"Kay-lee" Jess began as she placed her hands over my fists that were still gripping Mason's shirt "You need to-"

"Back. Off " I cut her off, knowing that she had no idea what was potentially happening. A growl rippling through my chest as I looked her dead in the eyes, challenging her to go against me. I watched as she lowered her eyes and bowed her head, before taking a step back; showing me her subishion.

Wipping my head back to Mason, who now looked as though he wanted to run from me, I growled again to tell him I was still waiting for his answers and was not happy about that fact.

"I-I I sent Jordy after her, he was calling in every hour since they left, the last I heard from him they had stopped in Ferndale which is on the Rising Valley's Pack land, but I'm still waiting for an up date on their current situation" Mason finally rushed out

"How long has it been?" I asked, hoping that my instincts were wrong

"Almost two hours now, but I'm sure he's just waiting for an opportunity to call in" Mason told me, clearly trying to pacify my worry

Shoving Mason away from me as my fears were confirmed and my anger grew with in me, I managed to growl out "He's not calling in, because they have them both" before I bolted for the door, feeling the change apon me, hoping I would make it outside first, but knowing that there really was no hope.

It would have had to have been one of the fastest changes I had ever experienced, but with the wolf within me pushing forward, wanting blood for not only taking a member of my pack, but also the most important member of my family - My mum.

I knew someone had her, I could feel it with every fibre of my being, and Mason's word only confirmed it; they stopped on Rising Valley land for christ sake! Exactly where the mongrel who wants my land currently is, holding them hostage in their on homes!

As I mulled this all over in my way as fast as I could for the front door, I wasn't going to wait around for this ass hole to show up with my mum and use her to take everything from me.

This was the straw that broke this wolf's back, so to speak. I've had enough; now time to go and put an end to all this bullshit and show this mongrel that he's not top dog anymore and I'm not going to just roll over and let him take it all from me -not with out fighting to keep what's mine.

 This dickhead is about to realise that he has fucked with the wrong Alpha!