Chap 10 -Choices To Be Made

Okay guys,

I'm sorry it's short, I was hoping to make this a really long one for you all to say thank you for being so patient and waiting sooo damn long for this upload, but unfortunately I've not got as much time, or energy as I would like so I can put all my ideas to paper for you. Then when I do, I spend half the time with my hands hovering over the keys of my laptop because I either can't deside on how I want to put all my ideas together, or I end up in a silent debate with myself over what should come next! lol

So I figured that something is better than nothing....... Right?

Anyways, thank you so much to everyone who has been patient for so long and another thank you to all my new fans that I've not thanked yet!

So, go, read, enjoy, tell me what you think, or what you want to happen next! Thanks again guys

- Manda

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We are prisoners in our own homes Alpha Martin. He has told Alpha Jones that apparently; not only are you sitting on his land, but you also have someone very important to him, who he intends on getting back.”

Well Shit……..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nodding my head slowly as I took in all of the information, I could completely understand why Alpha Jones would bend to Alpha Selene’s will. His pack was at risk, why wouldn’t he? Although, he has shown his true choice; had he been able to make it of his own free will. He didn’t have to come and warn me, but he did and to me, and any other smart person; that in its self speaks volumes about the kind of man he is.

“Do you know when they plan to make a move into our territory?” I asked as I pulled myself from my thoughts.

“As far as we can figure, no later than the weekend” David tells me grimly.

So I have at best, four days to prepare. Well I guess, that’s better than nothing. Nodding my head, I ask “Do you need a ride back to your territory? I know a few humans that frequently visit your town, so it would be no trouble to organise you a ride, which would make it easier for you to get back without being seen as suspicious”

“Why?” Is David’s only answer as confusion and disbelief cloud his face as he stares at me.

“Ummm…… Well I know they wouldn’t mind giving you a lift there and you will be able to just part ways when you reach the shops, making it look like you just finished visiting a friend” I tell him, slightly confused at his question. I had thought that it was pretty obvious why.

Shaking his head after a couple of minutes, he finally replied “No, I mean, why would you help me and my pack when we will be the ones leaving you high and dry?” He asked

Understanding finally dawning on me “Well its simple” I began with a shrug of my shoulders “Alpha Jones didn’t have to risk everything to get us a message, but he did, even after he found out what we have kept so well hidden from everyone. That alone shows me just how loyal to our treaty he really is. And I honestly don’t blame him for choosing the life of his pack over a treaty; After all, what good would a treaty be if both packs are destroyed because he refused and then in turn couldn’t warn us? You see David, as far as I am concerned, Alpha Jones has already upheld his alliance with us, even as he turns his back on us”