Chap 8 -Mum's story

Ok Guys,

PLS tell me what you think, I really appreciate EVERY single comment left by each and every one of you!

Last but no where near least, I want to say THANK YOU to all my new fans, my old fans, the silent readers and those of you who leave me comments. You guys are the BEST!

Any ways, here it is............... Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ellena Martin's POV (Kay-lee's mum)

Artemis: Greek goddess of the moon and hunting.

                Also known as Diana to the Romans.

Daughter of Zeus and Leto.

I know he hasn’t listened to me.

The random phone calls for the past couple of months are proof of that; telling me that he was coming home. I stopped trying to tell him that this was no longer his home, he was no longer welcome here weeks ago, I’ve tried just hanging up on him once I realised it was him on the other end of the line, but clearly that hasn’t worked either.

My whole body aches for him; the same way it has since I first laid eyes on him all those years ago. I never understood why until my best friend told me of my baby girls fate, that was the day that I found meaning behind my words when I said that he would never be welcome back here.

To find out that the love of your life left you because you were nothing to him, to hear that the baby you carried would one day become a wolf; it was unbelievably hard to digest that kind of information, but the hardest part of all was hearing that he was your soul mate, the one person specially made for you, to complete you in every way, the one person who could never be replaced once you had found them and he willingly walked away, because I wasn’t the same, I wasn’t pure like him; I was a mere human, not good enough for him and his… Breed of wolf.

To know that my love for him was always one sided, that I gave my all and he gave nothing was almost enough to destroy me until the day Kay-lee came into my life. When she first looked at me with those big, beautiful sky blue eyes that had haunted my every dream since he had left; finally, my life had colour again, my world began spinning once more and I found my light at the end of my darkest tunnel.

At first it hurt more than I could have imagined; looking into those eyes every day -forever being reminded of him. But after a short while I realised that they were not a reminder of heart ache, sorrow and betrayal, but a sign of hope; Proof that you could actually got to hell and come back on top with more than what you had when you first entered the fiery depths.

She was my everything and with her came a new determination; from somewhere within me I knew that she was now my world, my only reason for living and I would protect her with my very last breath if I had to. I forced myself to never unlock the memories I had so often dwelled on that hurt more than walking through fire.

I closed the door on the look in his eyes when he told me I was nothing to him; that I had meant nothing to him in all the years we had been together. I slammed that door shut on the look of disgust he gave me when I told him of our child growing within me and his accusations of me being a whore and falling pregnant to another and using it to trap him.