Chap 5 -Just A Dream.....?

After a full day of accepting my pack once again and telling some, how they needed no excuse for not standing with me on the united front that I intended to display, was exhausting enough, then there were the few that I had to deny their pledge to fight; whether it was because of age (Young and old) or because of their personality -I knew they would fight to protect their pack, but I also knew that they would never be able to forgive themselves and move on if they were to kill- So I tasked all who were denied to equally important jobs that would be away from the line of fire –so to speak.

By the time the last pack member had left, I was completely drained of all energy.  I was ready to have some much needed sleep; the only problem I had left to deal with, was now that my wolf and I are one, I no-longer found comfort in the thought of going home to mum. That left me with only one other option: The Alpha suite here at the pack house.

Knowing that, that would be the only way I would get some rest; I also knew that it meant that I would have to try and talk mum into –One: Letting me move out, without too much emotional grief and Two: Trying to get her to agree to move into the pack house with me. I knew that the latter would be the hardest of all, but I couldn’t have her that far from me if I was going to have enemy close by.

Groaning loudly to myself, I honestly didn’t want to try and think about that right now. I will just call her so she knows I won’t be home tonight and I will worry about the rest tomorrow; right now my head feels like it might explode if I try to add any more thoughts to the ones that are already in the cyclone of a thought process that I have tearing through my mind at the moment.

The feeling of being whole had slowly faded throughout the day and now –at two minutes to one in the morning- I lay on my back in my new bed, staring at my new ceiling, feeling alone and as though a part of me is missing. After spending the whole day feeling completed, I am really not liking this new empty feeling –longing for something I am yet to find. I don’t even think that the weeks I spent with a restless wolf was as bad as this. I know I could fix it, I know that I could find the solution, but right now –my mate will just have to wait a little bit longer before I can go looking for him.

I know this would have to be another side effect of becoming one with my wolf –It’s as though I can actually feel him now, like the call of a siren to a lonely sailor; my body begs to follow, but my will to ensure the safety of my pack keeps me grounded and in the one place.

Sighing in frustration, I roll onto my side, pulling my sheets over my head in one swift movement; praying for the black abyss of sleep to claim me for what little time is left of the night.

Opening my eyes, the first thing I notice is my surroundings. Instead of plain white walls, I’m surrounded by massive towering trees with their wide moss covered trunks. Where the lush feel of carpet below my feet should be, I can feel damp leaf matter, lightly sticking to the souls of my bare feet. Only the tips of the small vegetation can be seen through the rolling fog that threatens to consume it all. The damp, but crisp early morning air leaving me feeling refreshed with my every breath, the moisture slowly beginning to settle on my exposed skin from the tank and short-shorts I had warn to be. I close my eyes allowing all of my other senses to peak as I use them to search my surroundings, looking for anything else that might help me to understand how I got here.

“Finally” Came a deep and soothing voice as it whispered faintly on the early morning breeze; gently tickling and caressing my skin as it whispered around me as though a memory from the past “you are more beautiful than I could ever have imagined” the breeze continued to whisper around me as I stood still with my eyes closed, revelling in the feelings that this faint but familiar voice was stirring within me “you must be of the purest to have such a beautiful soul. Such purity must come straight from the goddess herself; surely she would be proud to know that her blood has created such a magnificent creature. Her heart would swell with pride if she could feel the unbridled strength pouring from your very core” The slight breeze turning warm as it gently caressed my shoulder; almost as if it was the very breath carrying such passionate words. Feeling my heartbeat double I turned my head slightly, feeling as though the owner was standing directly behind me, breathing his words across my shoulder before he followed with his lips the way a lover would. A gentle caress down my arms had them tingling from the touch that I’m sure the breeze could not have created, such a caress would have come from a lover who has been gone for too long before finally being united with their life-long love once again; surely my mind is playing tricks.

For no lips followed the words and there was no warm body behind me; just the sweet, whispered words floating on the breeze as it passed by on its way to a destination that not even the breeze its self knew.

Opening my eyes to the still dull light of the morning sun, I come face to face with a figure that the breeze and fog had to have created but knowing it untrue because of the most mesmerizing blue eyes that I have ever seen that were staring into the very depths of my soul; So deep in colour, they could make you feel the cool of the deep blue water from a clear lake on a hot summer day, and yet so warm that you would swear that you had just finished a hot drink on a cold winter morning. I watched as they sparkled with unbridled happiness, only to dull as they were consumed by the strongest amount of sadness and longing that any one person could possibly imagine.
I have no idea how long we had stood there, staring into each-others souls; but after what felt like only seconds, but could have been minutes or even hours, his voice came across the wind once again “I must go now love, we have been away too long”
Whimpering at his words, my animalistic traits all too happy to convey what my humane side would not. His deep chuckle drifted on the wind as it swirled around me, as though being sure that my ears were the only ones for such a soul shuddering sound.
I closed my eyes again as I revelled in the havoc such a sound created for my soul “Soon, my love……………. Soon, I will come for you. You are mine and I will have you in my arms before you can howl your broken song to the moon” He whispered to me, knowing he was going to leave me, I snapped my eyes open again just in time to see as those soulful blue eyes disappeared into the wind. I stood there staring into space as the feeling of emptiness consumed me once again and a lone tear trickled on its own accord down my cheek “Soon my love” came his last whispered words before the wind completely died and the forest returned to its natural self.

Bolting upright in my bed with laboured breathing as the dream replayed in my mind. How could it have only been a dream? Each caress, each word, it all felt so real.

“Kay-lee?”