Chapter Twenty Three

The next day we celebrated with a private plane ride back home to Friern Barnet, celebrating with champagne and some gourmet delicacies - Niall helped himself, of course. We laughed a lot - we all talked about the wedding. Liam mentioned the thought of proposing to Danielle, and made each and every one of us swear to secrecy about it - ESPECIALLY Eleanor. Everything had been going my way lately, here I was surrounded by family and friends, laughing on a private plane, when just this time a few years ago I was stuck in a foster home with four other kids, I had nobody in my life, I was virtually nothing on the face of the earth. Being where I was today made me realize how far life really can take you if you have a dream. If you're too afraid to take a chance, the dream is a waste - but if you take a chance, the places it can take you is unbelievable. 

The moment we stepped out of the plane it was like walking into a winter wonderland in London. It was dusk on December the 22nd and Christmas lights lit up the city like it was cloaked by a million fireflies. Harry looked like he was entranced in it, and all of the boys jumped around like fools at the sight of it. Snow fell around us like raindrops during a rainbow, gently landing upon our shoulders as we walked toward the cars to head home to the flat for Christmas. I hadn’t had a Christmas at the flat in two years, and it was much needed. I had hoped that the Christmas tree was already put up, ornaments hanging from it delicately, and popcorn strung all around given that Niall didnt eat it all when stringing it. It was so unfamiliar, being here for Christmas. Tomorrow the family would arrive and I would probably be mobbed with hugs and Congratulations! along with an abundance of love. Stepping into the flat made me feel so at home, it was a feeling that I had missed like crazy. The boys all wanted Nando’s, I didn’t oblige. I was pretty hungry, and hadn’t eaten there in who knows how long! We decided to all go home and meet up there at seven. No problem, it gave me enough time to change into something warmer. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans, warm enough, a black tank, and one of Haz’s red and black flannels. They were wicked comfy, and they smelled like him. I paired the ensemble with a pair of black vans and let my curls hang, loose and soft. Haz walked out of the bathroom sporting a purple and black flannel, a pair of jeans and a black pair of converse. Oh, how cute. We almost matched Im sure the boys would get a kick out of this. He flashed me that famous smile of his, dimples and all. “You look cute, love that top! Where’d you get it?” he asked, mocking a snotty diva. “Oh you know, closet of Harry Styles, its absolutely FABULOUS darling!” I mocked along with him. I had a good giggle at that and he threw something soft and fluffy at me. A hat? Of course. One of Harry’s trademark hats. He was wearing a purple tiger hat. Of course he was, and I had a panda. Not that I was objecting, I loved panda’s! We looked pretty cute, and I insisted upon taking a picture to upload to Instagram. I’m sure the fans would love that. Niall had just recently gotten me into Instagram and Tweeter, or was it Twitter? Something or other like that. I never really paid much attention to social networking once I became a part of Harry’s life, it was all too much drama and everybody was just so angry or happy for us. It was all a lot to take in. Either way, that had long cleared up and it was safe enough to be back. Facebook, Tumblr, Tweeter/Twitter, Instagram. Even these little sites where I used to read stories and quotes about the boys as a teenage Wattpad and Witty Profiles. It was nice, being back on the Internet. Of course, being with Hazza was my number one priority. We walked out of the flat into the Winter Wonderland, ready to meet up with the boys for a much needed Nando’s date.

At Nando’s we all had a really good time, it was nice spending quality time with the boys. More importantly though, it was great seeing Harry with his mates. I thought that maybe they were beginning to grow apart, but I was wrong. They were as strong as ever. The boys had always been like a family brothers from the very start. There they went again, Niall shoved his entire plate of chicken in his mouth all at once, idiot. All of the boys were having themselves a good laugh. “NIALL! NIALL! NIALL!” they all cheered, and Harry took some French fries and put them in his mouth to look like a walrus. Seriously though? What were we? Ten years old? I laughed at and with him though, because I loved seeing him having fun with his friends, his band mates, his brothers. They all ended up throwing food at one another which the staff wasnt particularly thrilled about, but this was One Direction. You really couldnt say no to them. By the time that the food fight was over, each and every one of us were saturated in food. It was kind of disgusting, but completely worth it. Fans had piled around outside looking for autographs and photographs and everything in between. Some crazed fan threw herself on Niall, causing him to lose his balance - we were standing on black ice – and he fell to the ground. Niall, you okay mate? Liam asked, and we gathered around him. The crazy girl got up and scurried off, and Niall was moaning and groaning on the ground, his arm bent in one seriously distorted position. “That bloody girl landed on my fucking arm!” he groaned, and Louie and Zayn helped get him up so we could take him to the hospital. Poor Niall, sometimes the fans just didn’t know when to throw in the towel.