Chapter Six

Stepping out of the jet was like how Alice must have felt when she fell down the rabbit hole and fallen into Wonderland. This entire place gave me the chills, the good kind. It was stunning. The city was lit up like Christmas lights, bright and beautiful. Everything felt so different than America, even Times Square on New Years Eve - which was mystical, but no comparison to this. The architecture, the people walking around. It was about 6 PM here, and only slightly dim out. Everything was so new to me, so foreign. I felt out of place, like I needed to grab my bags and run back inside of the jet, demanding that I be taken home immediately. Then Harry wrapped his arm around my waist and all of my fears disappeared in all of a split second. “It’s lovely, isn’t it? Welcome home Mikaela.” he said, and I felt at home, I really did. He could say anything right now and I would feel like I was flying. Wait, what was I doing? No Mik, you can’t. He’s your brother’s best friend, get a hold of yourself! Say something before he thinks you’re a freak! “Charming. Absolutely charming.” I said with a smile, and we walked over to two cars. Zayn, Niall and Liam got into one, while Mum, Louis, Harry and I got into the other. “I’ll take you to Princess Park Manor, that’s where the boys’ live. Simon already phoned them and had Harry and Louis’ belongings brought over. It’s about a thirty minute ride poppet, you okay with that?” Mum asked me. “Of course mum, sounds fantastic!” I said with a phony British accent. The entire party in the car laughed at that, and knowing how fake it sounded, I laughed with them. Once things got quiet, Mum was asking Louis a million questions about our new flat, and I zoned out, humming “Moments” from the boys’ album “Up All Night” and Harry whispered in my ear “That’s my favorite song.” I hadn’t even realized I was humming. “Mine too.” I whispered back. His sweet smile made me melt, but I knew that no celebrity could love a girl like me. Mum asked me what I wanted to do for the next few days, and honestly I was lost. “Adjusting would be lovely.” I said. “Mum, she needs time… she needs to get used to this. The boys’ and I will take care of her, right Mik?” Louis said. “Right!” I chirped. Okay hun, but if you need anything I’ll be just a phone call away!” Mum said, and dropped us off outside of a mansion, confusing me immensely. “Home sweet home!” Harry grinned from ear to ear. “This is our flat Mikaela, we hope you like it…” Louis said, struggling to carry my bags. “Here, I’ll help!” Harry and I said simultaneously. I already had my guitar and my carry on, but I grabbed a rolling suitcase to lighten Louis’ load, and Harry grabbed a large one. “This is NOT a flat. It’s a mansion!” I said, awestruck. Both boys chuckled. This was all so unreal to me.

The moment I stepped into the flat/mansion, my mouth turned into an “o” and I gasped as though I were choking on air. The flat/mansion was unbelievable. It must cost a fortune. The others boys walked in behind us. “Sorry, had to stop and get Niall some food!” Zayn said. “It was delicious!” Niall said happily. It was early still, and I was starving. “I’m hungry, could I cook something or could we get take out or something please?” I asked. “I like this one! Nando’s!” Niall said. “You like eating… a lot. Don’t you?” I asked. “You know me so well already!” he said. There was only one car available at the moment, so seating arrangements had to be made. “I’ll drive, Zayn you can sit up front with me, boys figure out your arrangements. You too Mik,” Louis said. So that left me with Liam, Niall and Harry. There was no way that we could all fit unless… I’d have to sit on one of their laps. I ended up on Niall’s because he was the closest, but the look of disappointment on Harry’s face was enough to make me feel terrible. Was he interested in me? No, he couldn’t be, Mik you’re imagining things. It was a ten minute drive to the nearest Nando’s where we sat at a booth for six. I looked on the menu, chicken, chicken, and more chicken. Looks like I was having chicken. I asked Niall to order me whatever he was getting. He must know what’s good, he eats like an elephant! “Order for me Niall, please. I’ll have what you’re having… just cut the portion into a fourth!” I said with a giggle. All of the guys ordered their food, and by the time it arrived, the table was mobbed with fans. I was told we needed to grab our food to go, and we got up to leave, grabbing our food on the way. The paparazzi had gathered outside and somewhere along the way trying to get out of Nando’s, Niall had grabbed my hand to help me get out of there. Questions were being thrown in my face and I hadn’t even realized that he was grasping my hand for dear life. The paps got numerous photos of us holding hands, and boy were we in for a disaster after that.