chapter thirteen-"Permissions" edited

DEDICATED TO Thefaultinourskittles

---------------------------------------

Lionesse's pov

She woke up feeling like hell.

Her wrists and ankles were burning from the silver cuffs and her mouth still hurt.

She stood up on shaky legs, weakened by the silver and waited till she was steady enough to move, then made her way downstairs to the dining room,

"Good morning" she grumbled, this time she did hear more of the men answering, which was a start, she thought.

She made her way to the table by the window, where her friends sat.

Soon after, a plate was placed before her, but she didn't have any appetite.

The only thing she managed to stomach was a little soup, so she lit a cigarette.

Her phone rang.

"Hey bitch" Reia's voice was heard.

"Ain't we all" Lionesse replied amused.

"That we are, sis and I want to go shopping" Reia screamed.

"UGH, curse you and your shopping. Haven't you gone shopping last week?" Lionesse grumbled.

"I want to buy a gift for Kyle, his birthday is next week"

"And I should suffer because?"

"Because you lost" Reia challenged.

"Did NOT!" Lio stated.

"Yes you did! Remember when we bet who will win in that fashion competition? Well I won! So you are coming with me shopping" Reia laughed.

"Are you serious? You still remember? That was three years ago! Ugh, fine" Lio grumbled.

"You even lost another bet when you said that i wasn't able to hit target with that blueberry pie and I hit your grandma's" Reia said

"I so remember that day. Poor granny was in shock and instead of screaming Reia, she screamed LIONESSE " Sarah laughed, hearing the conversation.

"Yeah we so remember. How could we forget! Your granny was running around the gardens chasing you" Reia laughed.

"Hey Love. Where is Jace?" Sarah asked her mate.

"In his office. Why are you asking?" Tommy replied pecking her on the lips.

"Lionesse go ask for permission. We are going shopping!" Sarah said.

Lionesse rolled her eyes, saying through gritted teeth,

"I will most definitely not"

"Yes you will... common he won't refuse you"

"Fine" Lionesse grumbled.  

She felt through the mate bond to help her find his office.

She knocked on the door softly.

"Come in"

She could see the surprise on his face, not expecting her to come to him.

"Are you...Is your...Are you alright?" 

"I'm fine" she replied, quite surprised that he actually asked.

Did that mean he cared?

"Good, that's good" he replied, "Thank you for what you did"

"It was nothing...I...I want..." 

She was trying to muster all her willpower to ask him if they could go shopping, which proved to be very hard for her.

She wasn't used to ask permission to do anything.

"I uh just wanted to tell you that, well we, i mean Reia wants to go shopping so she asked me to go with her and ... well since you're alpha here i figured I should tell you before leaving" she said stumbling over her words.

------------------------------

Jace's pov

He stared at her for a moment. He really wanted to tell her no, that it wasn't safe for her to leave the compound, but at the same time, he knew that it took a lot for her to actually ask and him refusing would eliminate any chance of her asking anything ever again.

"Yes, of course, but you're not going alone" he said firmly.

"Of course not. Tommy and Dante already offered"

He was surprised, Dante didn't usually offer to do anything other than fight.

Things were changing, he thought. 

"Do you want to ... come?"

"Maybe...another time" he replied.

He wasn't ready, he wasn't expecting an invitation.

----------------------------------

Lionesse's pov

"So...?" Sarah asked.

"We're going if Dante comes too" Lio said

Dante choked on his drink.

"No...absolutely no" he said shaking his head.

"Please Dante" Lionesse pouted.

"No. I'm a warrior" Dante stated although she could feel his resolve weakening.

"Dante..." Lio fained sadness.

"FINE! DON'T YOU DARE TELL ANY OTHER WARRIOR ABOUT THIS SHAMEFUL DEFEAT" he growled.

"I won't" Lionesse beamed, hugging him.

-------------------------------------