Reunion

Hey Guys New Chapter of Tepmted Hope you like! This was 16 pages on word probably like 2 pages here :D *dies* but netherless i still hope you like. Some mysteries will be revealed in the next chapter but for now Read Vote and Comment XD

Biscuit XD

Tempted

Reunion

“Hello?” I wedged the phone between my ear and shoulder as I typed frantically on Erick’s Laptop. I was now in the work room Miss Kelly gave me.

“Hello!?” I repeated again, but there was no reply. I stopped what I was doing and removed the phone from my shoulder to check caller ID.

I should have known.

Private Number.

Angrily putting the phone back on my ear this person was beginning to piss me off “Look, I don’t know who this is but you’ve been calling me for over a year now, I think this joke is becoming rinsed out! Either you speak or fuck off!” I angrily hung up and slammed the phone on the table. I continued what I was doing; installing the protective code on his laptop.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. “Come in”

“Hello Max” Miss Kelly stepped in; in a slimming black dress that stopped at her knees. She wore black heels and deep red lipstick.

She looked beautiful.

She closed the door behind her and leaned against it. “How is it going?” she asked

The Laptop made a positive whirring sound coming back to life

“Working and ready to use; all your folders and files are still intact” I smiled

“She clasped her hands together and squealed “Amazing! Thank you Max!”

“No problem” I smiled, I took another take on her outfit “You going out somewhere nice?”

“Yes actually” she grinned “I came to tell you to put on your best shirt; we’re going to my favourite restaurant”

“Me and you?” I asked in surprised

“No, me, you, Erick, his old friend and his partner”

“O-Oh” I nodded “Maybe I’ll sit out of this one; Next time”

“Why?” she smiled, a weird look in her eyes

“No reason” I shrugged smiling politely “I guess I’m a little tired” I faked a yawn and began to stretch

“Max I know.” she said blankly.

I slowly brought my hands down and closed my mouth.

I swallowed the hard feeling of fear in my throat breathed out slowly

“What are you talking about Miss Kelly? What do you know” I said calmly

“I know about you and Erick” Her face was emotionless.

Shit.

“You do?” my voice a little bit higher than normal.

“Yeah” she nodded keeping her eyes locked on me “Erick told me”

“I uhm he did?” I asked scared that she hasn’t kicked me out yet “I guess it’ll be best then- if I leave r-right away” I stood up “I really don’t know what to s-”

“Don’t be silly Max” I stopped in my tracks- our eyes locked on each other. She shrugged “To be honest I don’t care”

“Huh?” I asked more confused than I have been in a long time

“I know what boys can be like in high school with all that testosterone flying about”

Oh my God, what the actual fuck is going on?

“And you don’t care?” I narrowed my eyes at her

Is this woman crazy?

“No” she stated simply. “You know,” she chuckled “I knew there was something that wasn’t right from the moment you two first saw each other”

A headache was definitely coming on.

“I can imagine why things would be strange and awkward, it’s been years since you guys have seen each other right?”

I nodded, my mouth hanging slightly ajar.

She chuckled “What? You thought I would be angry or upset? I’m a modern girl. Things happen- sometimes it doesn’t always work out. As long as you guys don’t start anything then there’s no problem”

I rubbed my throbbing head “Uhm Miss Kelly?”

“Yeah Hun?”

“What exactly did Erick tell you happened between us?”

She rose a brow “Well everything, how you guys started rough when you moved to his high school, then you became the best of friends and you guys had a huge fight some years back and you hadn’t seen each other since”

Wow.

I smiled and nodded mentally sighing “Yeah, that’s about right”

“See, nothing to worry about- Now come on let’s go!”

............................................................

[Erick’s POV]

“Ah Welcome to The Eclipse Mr Carter, My name is Marie and I’ll be your host for the evening”

“Thank you, I reserved a table”

She check her pad “Of course top of our list, you’re half an hour late but we still reserved your table”

“Thank you” I smiled politely at the young lady.

“I can see there are only 3 of you. Your table has been reserved for 5 would you like to downsize?”

“Oh no, the other two haven’t arrived yet. They’ll be coming soon”

“Oh wonderful, I’ll just take you to your table then”

Our host took us to the back of the restaurant, which was very secluded. Our table was on the side by the balcony.

“The best table in the house” she smiled

I sat down with Darren and his stupid boyfriend sitting opposite me. The round table was quite big, which two spare seat on either side of me

“I’ll be back to take your orders when your other guests have arrived” she smiled “Can I take your drinks?”

“Darren?”

“A bottle of your best champagne would do” he smiled at Claire

“No problem” she walked off.

“I swear this place only holds your reserved table for 10 minutes once you’re late” Darren questioned.

I chuckled “When you’re their best paying customer, they learn to be kinder”

“Ah I see” he laughed

“I can’t wait to see him” Mike stated, cutting in “I’ve heard so much about the anticipation is kinda killing me”

“Same here” Darren Breathed.

Mike’s head immediately snapped towards Darren’s Direction, with his childish expression of envy.

“No feelings better come rushing back” he quickly stated

Darren chuckled ruffling his head “Relax Michael”

“No” he pouted crossing his arms I suddenly realised why I hate him so much. I sometimes wonder why Darren chose this annoying twat. I have to ask him that

“Why?” I asked curious

“His first love” Mike said in a childish jeer like way.

“Ah I see” I gaze at Darren, who was now rubbing the back of his head sheepishly

“Your current love?” Michael asked looking at me

I chuckled awkwardly sharing glances with Darren “I’ve moved on Mikey”

I chanted the lie that Darren taught me to force myself I was alright

“I’ve got a beautiful Wife, a baby on the way and a great career.  What else can a man ask for?”

I delivered the last painful line “I couldn’t be happier”

Mike scoffed looking at Darren “Seriously?” he pointed at me

Darren nodded sharing glances at me “Seriously”

“Well I’ll be the judge of that” his eyes diverted to something behind me “In fact here they come now”