CHAPTER 19 GOODBYE

LUKES P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs and sun beaming in my face. I hauled myself out of bed and down the staur to were my beautiful wife to be was sitting eating.

"yours is on the counter" she pointed to a plate full of all ny favourite breakfast foods.

"wow im so lucky to have you. so how come you made me breakfast" I questioned knowing she would necer do this unless she wanted sonething.

"because you know you dont have to make me breakfast just for se-" she cut me off.

"lucas Robert hemming you dare finish that sentence." she quietly shouted.

"x" I quickly added the x while she gave me her evil eyes but also blushed with embarrassment. 

" your such a child."  she said getting up and putting her plate in the sink.

"but you love me and I love you! " I replied blacking her exit.

" ehh no I dont I actuly really hate you"  she said crossing her arms.

"so you would hate me even more if I did this." I scooped her up and dropped her on the couch hovering over her planting soft kisses down her neck.

"luke stop" she said through her giggles. 

"only if you admit that you love me"  I continued up her neck till I hit her soft spot.

" fine fine I love you lucas robert hemmings. even if you are a imature man child with amazing hair."

I got up off her and let her go get changed I soon followed relizing it was monday and I had to go up to the hospital.

" I will be back soon babe" I shouted as I left the house.

***

"hi im here to see elise Daniels"

"she has changed rooms she is now in room 207 you can go right in sir" the lady replied and I nodded walking towards the room. when I got there I saw her parents and elise lying in her bed but she was hooked up to alot of machines and her parents had been crying; you could tell.

"umm hi mrs Daniels is this a bad time?" I asked.

"no no luke come in she has been waiting to see you all day." she said wipping her eyes.

"we will give you some time alone" and as she walked out the room she grabbed my arm

"she doesn't have long left luke. you should say goobye" her mom whispered so elise couldnt hear.

"hi hows my little trooper"  I said my heart breaking in two.

" goo--hank -ou" her words where stutterd and weak. "I sowry lukey" her voice become colder

"dont be angel. your so brave. you no I remember the first day we met. I had just woken up and you were sitting at the end of my bed drawing a picture." I tried to be strong but I new I was going to cry. "do you rember what u were drawing?"

"yowr noes" she giggled.

"do you remember why?" I said as I looked at the smile that was now on her face.

"becus I sad it lookd like a mountain and I aways  wanted go see a mountain" she giggled and crawled close to me. I picked her up and pulled her I to my lap.

"luke wil uo rember me?" she asked her voice becoming more quiet and her eyes heavy

"of course I will. how could I forget you" tears where now flowing down my face as she looked up to me.

"dont cwry lukey. ill alway be hewr" she reached up and wiped my tear. I couldnt believe how strong she was she was such an amazing kid.

"I wove you luke.  goodbye." her eys started to become more heavy.

"I love you to elise. but lets not say goodbye. lets say I'll see you soon. okay?" I told her pulling her cliser to my chest as more tears streamed down my face.

"okay lukey. see you soon" and she went silent as her chest began to rise and fall slower until nothing.

I sat with her there. not holding back the tears. her parents came in with the nurses and took her off me. as I walked out I said sorry to her parents and hugged them both.

"thank you luke. you know she almost went last night. but when she woke up she told us she was waiting for you" mrs Daniels said through her faint sobbs.

"you were special to her." she said and walked back into the room

"she was special to me to" I said under my breath and  headed out the hospital. I got to my car and rested my head In my hands I didnt know how to feel I couldnt stop the tears. I wish I could just see her one more time. I looked at my phone seeing it was 4pm -later than I thought- I put the keys in the and started the car.

***

CARTERS P.O.V

it had been ages since luke had left and I was hoping he would be home soon because I had planned a special night- considering it was our 8 month anaversiry today- I had cooked dinner and I must say I was dressed rather nice. it was now around 5 when I herd the door open an close. as I stepped out the kitchen I saw luke, he had been crying and I knew that wasnt good.

he walked up to me arms open and he just broke down.

"luke what happend" I said bringing him to the couch.

"sh shes gone" he replied as he hung his head down covering his face.

"luke im so sorry. I know you loved her like a sister.  but atleast she wont be in pain anymore" I knew she meant alot to him and that he was taking this hard so i decided it was best to forget about the dinner.

"why are you dressed so nice?" he asked while wiping his salty eyes.

"uh well I made dinner for our anaversiry but its fine we can skip it." I didnt want to make him feel worse if he had forgotten

"shit. carter im sorry I ruined this whole night." he looked ashamed. I lifted his chin and his eyes met mine.

"I dont care if you forgot or whatever I care that im here with you. right here right now.  okay?" I looked in his ocean blue eyes.

"I love you so so much" his eyes were tired and weak

" I love you two. now what do you say we change into our jammies. I will order pizza and we can lie in bed watching movies. sound good?" I asked already half way to the phone.

"god what did I do to deserve you. I love you carter. so so much." and with that he disappeared upstairs while I called the pizza place.