Chapter 15: Liking

"I like you."

He looked at me with those emerald-green eyes,  his red hair glisetning in the sunlight. I understood those words well. Leah used to say that to Father a lot. Many times until "that day". The day where I became too close to her. Leah said that I should never be near her again. She said that she was gravely ill. But why was my brother allowed to be with her?

Deciding to do what makes her happy, I stayed away from Leah. I played with our neighbours everyday. The neigbour's wife did have a talk with Leah once, but only came back to me saying, "Your mother wished you were never born." 

And with that I knew that I was not needed. If my own mother, Leah, couldn't bear with my presence, I might as well be adopted. I made a wish and it came true too soon. 

*****

The red-haired boy looked at me one more time. His emerald green eyes begged me to stay. I shook my head. In my right hand I held my brother's hand. He was only three years old. He didn't know what was happening. All he knows is Leah went to live with the stars in the sky and Father is going to bring her back. But of course, it's not that flowery in reality. Leah died.  Father simply abandoned us. 

"No, I need to go." I said to him, clutching the brown suitcase in my left hand tighter. The suitcase is special to me. It has Leah's and Father's initials on it.

Seeing that he wouldn't leave me, I dropped my suitcase and plucked a dandelion off the ground. I shoved it to his face and quoted what Father said to me before he left. 

"We are like dandelions. At some point, we have to leave."

He received it, attempting to recite what I quoted. I smiled my "pity smile" and held the dandelion stem with him. With no words exchanged, both of us took a deep breath in, filling our tiny little cheeks with air and blew harshly at the dandelion.

The tiny dandelion seeds danced around in the first sunrays of dawn. Some landed on the grey house bricks, some on the morning dew-spotted leaves and most, with the grace of the early morning breeze, landed on fertile soil, claiming their territory.

The three of us stood there for some time. Long enough for the sun to rise a little over the moutains. 

I wouldn't have left if it wasn't for Allen's tugging at my hand. He was sleepy. I slipped my hands under his arms and carried him up. I placed his head on my shoulder as I carried him. My little brother. 

I turned my heels into the opposite where the red-haired boy stood. I couldn't bear to see him a second longer. It was too painful. But he had to call out my name. He had to shout my name. And I turned around, tears welling up in my eyes. Damn it all, I had to be strong for Allen. I have to stay strong for my little brother. 

"Goodbye, Exo!" 

I yelled out. 

"I like you! Don't forget" Exo returned, his hands waving wildly.

"I'll remember! Take care, Exo." I said. Tears were running down so quickly now. I could barely see him. The red-haired boy I played with everyday. My childhood friend, Exo Kruz. 

************************

Hi Hi This is Crimson Rain here :D

It's fun to reveal Snow White's past bit by bit but I'm not telling her name just yet ;) And just for the note, Exo Kruz is going to appear in the story quite a bit from now on.

And please please please answer this question!!!!

Is Snow White a Mary Sue???

Kthanksbai :D