Father

Driving around the familiar roads of a town I used to live in, I thought of what to tell her. It has been years since I have last seen my mother, she wasn't a good one and due to circumstances, I had long lost my respect for her however, I didn't resent her for the urge/addiction she had with attention from the opposite sex.

She is the only one I know who'd have an idea on where my step-father was, she was heartbroken when he just disappeared..but then she always is when her men leave her.

Stopping my car in front of a suburban looking home, memories came flooding back and once again I felt nostalgia.

The front door opened, out came my mother who looked just like any other suburban housewife, clad in her flowy summer dress and white flats, she held a water hose in her hand and proceeded to water the flowers around her home.

Taking a deep breath, I turned the engine off and got out of my car. The little beep sound it made caught her attention, slowly she turned to face me.

"How may I help you?" she questioned, looking at me from head to toe as she waited for me to answer.

"Mother, its me - Moira." as soon as she heard it, the hose dropped from her hand and ran towards me. Wrapping her arms around me, she cried and told me how much she missed me, how she was sorry for what happened and how she was a bad mother.

"Mom.. "I slowly wrapped my arms around her, then it dawned to me on how she was my closest relative.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about your father.. I would've gone to his funeral but I knew he wouldn't want to see me with how I took his only child away from him.. "she whispered, holding my hand she sobbed uncontrollably that I couldn't help myself but hold her against me and tell her I was there and that dad would've forgiven her.

"Look at you.." she pulled away from me and looked at me from head to toe.

"You grew to be as pretty as I imagined you to be, your father took care of you well. "she gave me a painful smile, rubbing my arms and later on holding my face. This was such a painful reunion for the both of us.

"Mom..I need to talk to you, its important. Can we talk inside?"

She ushered me inside, the whole time I felt like we were being watched and I didn't like it.

The place was just the same as it was before, there were some slight changes but nothing out of the ordinary.

As I took my seat, she did as well - relaying to her the situation (with some revision) since I didn't want her to get deeply involved in this matter.. I asked if she knew of my father's whereabouts.

"Hon, I know how deeply connected you felt with Dieter.. especially after that incident however he's someone you don't really want to find.."

She pulled herself away from me, leaving a distance between us. She looked worried even.

"Mom. I need to know where he is.. I can do this on my own but I need your help." I came close and held her hands. She looked deep in thought and looked at me.

"The one time you asked me for help.. Of course I'll help you but it also makes me feel like I'm about to feed you to the lions" she whispered lowly, holding my hands in a tight grip she took a deep breath and looked up.

"You'll find him at..." she then proceeded with telling me where and how can I find him, who to contact if he was not where she thinks he's at.

She gave me a painful smile when we departed, standing in place as she watches me leave her sights.

Grabbing my phone I called Michael for him to relay the information to Angelo because God knows I am still uncomfortable with that man.

"Moira! Don't you even think of going there alone! That territory is dangerous" Michael shouted on the other line, he went on about how I should wait for backup or just go home altogether and just wait.