Faded

I was sitting next to Dean who held my hand in his tightly,  we sat in his family's table - Mr.  and Mrs.  Marcelo have been very sweet and of course Mr.  Marcelo or as he wants me to call him Franco who teases Dean that he was taking his sweet time taking me off the other mens radar.

"Keep taking your time Dean and she will fall for Fiore's hands. " he chuckled raising his glass to me and I merely smiled and shook my head.

"Father. " Dean sighed and his mother playfully slapped his father's arm. 

"Mr.  Fiore is already taken by his wife Franco,  don't be obnoxious. " she gave him a glare and he gave a laugh.

"ah yes,  young Patricia.  As most wouldn't know I have been there watching those two grow when they were kids.  We are a close family friend of both Luca's and Patricia's.  She has always had an eye on him and so did he however,  they had a falling when Patricia married that rake over Luca and don't think I didn't know you were once engaged to him as well." Franco looked at me and I nodded,  yes,  I was..  Until that same woman whom he used to love broke us apart.

Did he really used to love her was my question.

It has been established that the Marcelo family used to be close to the Fiore's until the younger generation had a fall out and that was both Dean and Luc.

"The past is the past Franco..  I have learnt my lesson. You can never compete with the first love. " I raised my glass and took a sip of my champagne.

"Excuse me,  I need to get some fresh air. " excusing myself from the group,  I stood up and walked away.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't hear Logan calling me until he grabbed my arm.

"Hey. " he looked at me with worry in his eyes,  it was the same look he gave me when my father died and I was all alone,  the same look he gave me when he heard the engagement of his brother and I was canceled.

I give him a pained smile before he escorted me out to the gardens. It was a cold night however I felt no sort of chill. I didn't feel because I was numb, to almost everything.. It was as though I lost my senses and just turned to this shell of a woman.

"You must be cold. " Logan's voice sliced through the silence,  placing his coat around me I smiled gratefully.

"What did you want to discuss with me?  Surely it isn't business as it was our golden rule to never discuss such out of our offices premises. " I turned to face him and he looked at me with a blank stare. 

"I love you Moira,  you know how much I care about you - forgive me for I know how much you wanted to not discuss about this... However he wanted a word with you. " were his parting words before a figure emerged from the shadows,  Luc stood there looking intimidating as always however the emotion on those cold, calculating eyes suddenly turned soft and apologetic.

"Are you still going to ignore me? " he croaked, I could hear the sadness in his voice.. It was the same when he first called me a few days after I left him. He was apologizing and explaining how things were when I came - at that time I merely addressed it as his excuses and I still do.

"I am not ignoring you.  I am just acting the way we would've been hadn't we gone into a relationship." I couldn't help but whisper the last part, turning away I didn't want our eyes to meet.

*play song*

"I see..  Are you really planning to get married with Dean Marcelo? " his question caught me off guard that I immediately turned to face him,  the emotion of sadness was long gone and was then replaced by hatred.

Was he angry with me!? Or with the idea of me getting married to someone he considered a rival?

"I don't see how thats any of your business Luca. " I took a step forward,  a glare in my eyes. He took a step forward as well,  the anger burning bright in those beautiful eyes of his.

"Your safety would always be my business Moira. You refused to marry me for I led a dangerous life yet here you are,  about to marry into another one! " his voice rose that I felt surprised. He was really angry,  I can see it in those eyes,  the way his hands trembled and that prominent vein on his temple.

"Dean is not part of your little Gang. He is a business man and legal!  Unlike you and your group of friends! " I raised my voice back at him which caused him to chuckle until a full blow laugh errupted from him.

"Oh darling,  Legal?  Those hotels and resorts of his are merely a front for the crooked,  dark business he runs and it started with his grandfather!" he took another step towards me,  grabbing my hands in his.

"Let go of me you brute! " I screamed and he trapped both my hands in one of his, using the other to cover my mouth.

"Thats not what you said when I took you hard above in the eiffel tower." he whispered in my ear making a shiver run through my spine. 

I was stunned and he took that moment to let go of my hands and taks his hand away from my mouth,  but was quickly replaced by his lips. His hands kept me trapped against his, one on the back of my head, tangled through my hair and the other around my waist.  Both my hands placed on his chest I could feel his heart beating underneath my palm.

The kiss kept reminding me of why I fell in love with this asshole,  why he left a lasting impression in me. It reminded me as well on why I left him which caused me to break away from his strong grip.

"Wait for me Moira..  I'm coming for you. " he whispered and soon disappeared from my eyes. I was shook to the core, he still had a hold on me.

"I guess you did replace Patricia after all. " Lorenzo spoke up making me let out a little surprised scream.

"CAN YOU JUST NOT DO THAT!?! " I shouted at him and landed a punch on his shoulder letting him know how frustrated I was.

For the first time I met this man, I heard a chuckle come out from that mouth of his which I always thought as something used only to speak a vile language.

"Well what do you know,  the jerk knows how to laugh. " I smiled and he merely rolled his eyes.  Asshole

Shaking my head I walked away from him and only had one man in mind. Damn Fiore.