A rude awakening

This chapter is dedicated to @SierraScott for being such a wonderful writer and well I am using some of her characters here. Anyways y'all should check her works ❤️

I had the boys with me for a week and a week where He tried to contact me - but of course I prevailed with the way I ignored his calls.

On the nights I remained alone, where he tried contacting me and leaving these annoying voicemails which made me hear him - I thought of how long it has passed when I discovered something that killed me in the inside. I may be unhinged however, I truly believed I found love in a man like him.

I laid there, remembering the days, nights and the months we have been together. He was the perfect man, until things got out of hand.

It was the day.. the day I found out how we wouldn't work if I didn't fit in his world and one of his buddies made sure to make me remember such.

2 years ago...

I was nervous, I was scared, I am about to pee my pants. I stared at myself in the mirror and looked at this magnificent looking woman who wore a breathtakingly beautiful dress in the deepest shade of blue which she loves so much, adorning diamonds that could make your eyes hurt from just looking at how beautiful they were.

I was used to such clothing and magnificence however, tonight is a different occasion. I were to meet the ruthless of Don's in the world or how i'd like to call Luc's pen pals in the mafia.

I was so deep in my thought that I jolted from the warm feeling his hands left on my shoulders, my focus was on him and how he stood tall behind me - looking all delicious in that form fitting Armani suit he wore which he paired with a pristine white button down and a tie with the same deep shade of blue as my dress.

"You look magnificent cara mia." He whispered, placing a kiss on my temple I couldn't help but stare at the both of us in the mirror.

"Thank you.. not bad yourself Don Fiore." I turned to give him a smile, fixing the collar of his crisp shirt I placed a kiss on his lips.

"You are nervous.. I can feel it." He looked at me and slowly leaned his forehead against mine, those eyes of his stared deep into my soul as though I could feel him there.

"No shit Sherlock.." I gave a nervous laugh and pulled away from him a little, I was definitely nervous with meeting men like Luc. He is different since I know him however, for them? I do not know a nick pic sh!t about them!

"Do not worry. It will all go fine." He gave me a reassuring smile and I tried to believe that it would but I knew deep down, it won't.

We went down, grand entrance and all. Why was he hosting such? That was because he missed last years meeting and he was trying to make it up to his friends and there I met Don Lorenzo, Don Milano and Don Constance - the men looked explicably dangerous but good looking. Was this a trait that ran with the Italian men especially for the ones living the life of a Mafioso?

I met and greeted their women, yes women as in most of them have more than one woman who warms their bed. Though Don Lorenzo has only brought one and I believe she is his wife but then again, who is to say she is the only one? He might just have the decency to hide the others and show his wife instead.

The men talked business and we all had dinner in Luc's frickin long table - whilst they eat silently, Luc would always reach to my hand and smile at me reassuringly as though he is telling me "didn't I tell you its going fine?"

"Don Fiore." Don Lorenzo spoke up gathering everyones attention, Luc had his eyes still trained to me.

"Are we about to hear wedding bells soon?" His question caught me off guard that I suddenly snatched my hand away from Luc's grip.