The Many Lives of Atticus Storm

Jack sat in the driver's seat and was speeding the way to the boat that would take them to Jersey. To say that Grey felt exhausted from his position in the back seat of the Sedan would be an understatement. However, every time Grey dozed off, his dreams would be riddled with nightmares that would shake his very core. He saw Sky as the little girl he remembered her being bald and sick. She would ask him why he had let them kill her. Why he had hurt her when she felt so much better. He saw Jasper, laying white in the bed, on his last ounces of the breath. He would look at Grey and ask him why he couldn't love him. Grey would scream over and over that he did, and he knew that now. However, Jasper would just cry.

"Are you okay?" Christophe asked, sitting next to him. Grey wanted to scream at him. Of course wasn't fucking fine, it wouldn't be okay till Jasper was back. He looked at the ring on his finger. It was a stupid thought, but he wished it was a wedding ring.

"I'm fine," Grey stated. Though his voiced rivaled that of a specter and did not convey his words very well.

"Look Grey, I-"

"With all due respect, I really don't want to have a conversation right now," Grey cut him off shortly. Grey realized how mean he was being, but he couldn't help the sharp tone. It was like the part of him he once knew had snapped replaced with some outer shell whose sole purpose was to protect him from any and everything that it perceived as a threat. He didn't know if it was a werewolf thing, or a simple defensive technique, but he knew it was only going to melt when Jasper could kiss him back.

Christophe looked as though he was going to say something else, but the look on Grey's face must of stopped him. In that moment he had been consumed with so much anger that his vision had been consumed in red and he wanted to reach over and rip Christophe's throat out with claws he did not have.

Though he did not say anything, Christophe continued to look at him with what Grey could only deem as curiosity. Grayson growled low and turned his back on him to face the window. It was well into the night now and Gray could see the gibbous moon peaking from behind the snowy clouds. Now that he was a wolf, he found a strange beauty in the floating object. As thought it was a part of him, his every reason for existing.

"How much further?" Wilhelm whined from the front seat he had been restless the whole trip. He bag had consisted of four giant bags of assorted chips, a box of ding-dongs, a bag of red licorice and a couple of Slim Jims. All of which he had eaten the first ten minutes.

"We're actually approaching the boat now," Jack smiled. Grey looked up, sure enough, there were glitter lights along a ramp that led onto a boat that would take them from New York to New Jersey in minutes. Jack pulled the car up the ramp and parked it were the man instructing had a told them. As Jack turned off the car, Grey opened the door, once again stepping out into the cool night air. It brought him some form of comfort as it blew through his plain black shirt that hugged his now developed mussels. He had braced himself for the cold, but did not feel it. Forgetting his company for awhile, he walked over to the edge of the ferry boat and crossed his arms on the railing, closing eyes. He didn't know how he was going to achieve this task. The man had been harboring this secret for decades, maybe even centuries, he couldn't just walk up to an ancient crazy war driven werewolf and be like, "could you tell me the secret you've been guarding for nearly a century?"

But he knew he had to, or die trying. Wow, he had never thought he'd say that. Being gay, Grey and Sky had always shared that one more thing in common than regular brother and sister. They could both dish about the complexities of the male gender. There was one point when they had watched Harry Potter late one night. He had been fourteen and she had been just as sassy as she was now.

"I don't think I'm ever going to get married to some dumb guy. All they do is fart, sleep, and work for money to hold over you like parents do when it's time for your allowance." She had said, all the while stuffing popcorn in her mouth. Grey had laughed and agreed.

"These people crack me up with their weird devotion." Grey had responded back. "Oh I'd die if I'd ever lost you?! How did I ever get out of bed in the morning without you?" He had said in a girly voice.

Sky giggled. "I was fine before you and I'll be fine without you," she declared at the top of her lungs.

They had laughed so hard that night but in actual reality they had both been full of shit. Nobody could ever have someone be in their lives, affect them, grow accustomed to them, and then just go back to the way they were if they left. He hadn't known Jasper for long, but he had already found himself changed. It wasn't just his many lives or the werewolf gene that had changed him. It was Jasper's love. As corny as it sounded, it had always been he and Sky, or he and Reggie. Sky was gone, and weather Gray liked it or not he liked to have someone to take care of. Despite his shoving and his remarks Jasper had never strayed from his side. Jasper was willing to be anything Grey asked him too, but he was too stupid to see.

"Hey," heard over his shoulder. He turned and saw Christophe standing there. All he ever wore were cool colors, light blues and grays that calmed you down. The night air was chilled and Christophe had come close to had him a small Styrofoam cup filled with what smelled like coffee.

"Hey," he whispered back. His voice was horse like he hadn't used it in days. His fingers curled around coffee he was going to drink as his other hand reached out for a donut that he was never going to eat.

For awhile they just stood and looked out over the fading New York horizon as the farie coasted off. However, he popped up to standing position when he felt a hand on his hip. Before he knew it Christophe had pulled him, lips crashing over his own. Forcefully moving their mouths together Grey had another reason to be grateful for Jasper. Jasper was his alpha, the dominant in the relationship and had every reason to apply force over him. However, he had never forced Grey into something he didn't want.

Grey forced Christophe off of him, his applied strength sending him to the ground.

Using speed he didn't know he possessed he sped to stand over Christophe, using a hand to grab the front of his shirt and pull him closer.

"If you ever touch me again," Grayson growled. There was a deep tenor in his voice that rang with the authority of alpha he now possessed. His word was final and would be obeyed without question. "I will end you."

"Jasper is going to die, no matter how much you wish-"

Grey silenced him with a punch to the face. "The only one dying here is-"

"Uh...guys...were here," Wilhelm had said walking in on the wrong moment. Grey threw Christophe to the ground and looked around.

He could see the dense outline of Jersey. Then he saw it, far off in the distance a tall, gothic cathedral like building standing in a tall silhouette against the moon.

They had arrived at the home of Atticus Storm.