The Many Lives of a Looming Darkness

It was raining.  

There were only four pall bearers needed to carry the casket of Greyson Murdock. A big man of tremendous stature wore a slate black suit with an ocean blue tie. Next to him a significantly smaller man with spiked hair and a tweed suit with a red tie. In front of the small man was another with a rigid stature. His suit was the color of fresh worked steel and fit his demeanor perfectly. However, it was the first man that everyone was watching. A man that everyone believed should have been dead but walked the day good as new. A leader, Jasper Drake.  

Looking like an avenging angel his hair was wild and unkempt. He was still ruggedly handsome with a suit that looked as though it were fashioned out of the night itself. This was a man that had laughed in the face of the devil and glimpsed the face of the God; at a great cost. It is often said that when one loses a mate they cease to function, cease to exist in reality because part of their soul has moved on to a different place. Jasper Drake would be no exception.  

There was a soft sob emerging from a women to the left. Next to her, a man with a disposition as cold and as hard as granite for the son who had disappointed him and died along the way. A horrid affair this all was.  

Grey didn't know how he kept himself from laughing. 

The supposed dead boy sat far enough away to see but not to be seen. He thought his funeral would be a bit more...lively? However, considering the circumstances, the façade of it all he could understand the lack of the theatrics.  

After Grey had sucked the vampire venom out of Jasper, he had taken it into his system. When Jasper had woken up he had been furious, throwing a chair and breaking windows. That was until Greyson had woken up. For some reason unknown to him, the vampire venom had not killed him. When he had taken it into his system, his body had fought it...and won. Despite being even more of a mystery now he was alive. Jasper was alive, and as far as he knew life was perfect. Until he realized that there was nothing they could do do, Necruli was free. She was out there somewhere plotting. Jasper had said long ago her mission was to plunge the world into darkness.  

Sitting in his lawn chair, watching his own funeral he couldn't help but feel like an outsider looking in. A war was happening and it was going to be worse than the last and the one before that. He didn't have time for school, or his bi- polar parents deciding they wanted in on his life. When he had bit Jasper to take the poison he agreed to a lot more. He wasn't going to have one foot in and one foot out anymore. This was his life, he wasn't human anymore, he didn't have a sister to look after anymore, and he wasn't Greyson Murdock anymore. He had lived many lives, seen many things but he had never seen anything like what was happening now. 

He looked over at everyone. Camille and Annette were holding each other, Jace stood by himself in the far corner. Reggie and Shay were watching from the outskirts, not quite sure where they fit yet. Having put the casket down, Wilhelm wrapped his mate in his arms and Christophe stuck his hands in his pockets. Jasper Drake, always the mystery, always the riddle, stood over his grave with a single rose before dropping it in. He was a dark force, and a leader that was going to navigate them through this war.  

Looking at all these people he realized that he would be willing to die for each and every one of them. He didn't know why this life picked him, why he was chosen. However, he knew that this was just one of the moments that they would tell about the many lives of Greyson Murdock.